Minnesota Home Magazine 2019
Welcome to Minnesota Home Magazine!
ON THE COVER: Wes Hanson Builders, a family-owned company based in Crosslake with a reputation for quality custom work. You can almost smell a hint of pine from the warm fire inside the beautiful stone fireplace. And just beyond the rustic timber-framed patio doors you can almost hear the happy chatter down by the dock and the lake lapping up against the shore. Photo Courtesy Of Wes Hanson Builders
• Gravitate to Trends of the Northland: Nostalgic lake-time retreat meets modern farm house.
• Whitefish Renovation: Greg and Carrie Larson work with Nor-Son Custom Builders to create their dream cabin perfect for entertaining friends and family.
• Before You Paint: Get these pro tips before taking on any painting project.
• Luxury Garages: From extreme lux like the Copham and Anderson garages out at BIR to simply upgraded organization, flooring and lighting.
• Updating an Outdated Fireplace: A well-designed fireplace can be a wonderful focal point year-round, but without proper care can become an eyesore or worse— a safety hazard.
• Decks and Patios: Decks and patios both add value to your home. Decide which materials and type are right for your lifestyle and budget.
• Hello Clean: All homes could use a deep cleaning from time to time, but are we doing it correctly? We asked some of the pros.
• Ready, Set, Illuminate: 2019 Lighting Trends
• Eco-Focused Homes: From the process of the build to the materials and the way the home functions for years to come.
• 10 Things to Think About Before You Build: Things homeowners wish they would have done differently when building their homes.