Nisswa Winter Jubilee on tap this weekend
Nisswa will host its annual Winter Jubilee on Friday-Sunday, Feb. 15-17. New this year is smoosh racing on the ball field. Form a four-person team and race for prizes.
Buy a Jubilee button for $5 at participating businesses to receive entry to the Echo Band on Friday at the Nisswa American Legion, bean bag tournament Saturday at the Legion, smoosh races and discounts at participating retailers and restaurants..
Following is a schedule of events:
Friday, Feb. 15
• 4:30 p.m.: Meat raffle at the Nisswa American Legion.
• 8 p.m.-midnight: Live music featuring the Echo Band at the Nisswa American Legion and Kings Ransom at The Pickle.
Saturday, Feb. 16
• All day: Medallion hunt. Clues will be released at 9 a.m. at Main Street Ale House, noon at Rafferty's Pizza and 3 p.m. at Big Axe.
• 10 a.m.-noon: Face painting, balloon animals and crafts at the Nisswa Chamber building, hosted by the Black Bear 4-H club.
• 11 a.m.: Parade lineup begins. Registration forms are available at The Pickle or online on Facebook.
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Snow sculpture judging. Categories are kids 16 and under; adult; and family. Sign up for snow piles at Triangle.
• Noon: Nisswa Winter Jubilee Parade featuring Grand Marshal Carey Rasinski.
• 12:30 p.m.: Story time - "Paul Bunyan" at Turtle Town Books hosted by the Nisswa Women's Club.
• 12:30 p.m.: Register for smoosh racing inside The Pickle patio doors.
• 1 p.m.: Smoosh races at the ball field.
• 1 p.m.: Wood splitting contest in The Pickle parking lot.
• 1-3 p.m.: Hammerschlagen at The Pickle.
• 2-6 p.m.: Register for the Bean Bag Tourney at the Nisswa Legion.
• 4:30 p.m.: Meat raffle at the Nisswa Legion.
• 6:30 p.m.: Blue Eyes Karaoke at the Nisswa Legion.
• 8 p.m.-midnight: Live music featuring the Nissfits at The Pickle.
Sunday, Feb. 17
• Noon-2 p.m.: Nisswa Fire Department Ice Fishing Derby on Nisswa Lake - $5 per hole.
• 3:30 p.m.: Bingo at the Nisswa Legion.
• 4-8 p.m.: Live music featuring a Nisswa All Star Jam Session at The Pickle.