Crosslake St. Patrick's Day celebration is Saturday
It's the Year of the Lucky Leprechaun at the 45th annual St. Patrick's Day Parade and Celebration on Saturday, March 16, in Crosslake.
Buy a $6 raffle ticket and get a free Blinkie Button. Raffle tickets and Blinkie Buttons are available at Crosslake Chamber member businesses. Get Blinkie Button deals Friday and Saturday, March 15-16, and attend the raffle ticket drawing party Friday, March 22, at Andy's Bar & Grill. Raffle ticket holders need not be present to win. There will be door prizes.
St. Patrick's Day events kicked off Saturday, March 2, with the Ms. Blarney & Mr. Malarkey Pageant at Manhattan Beach Lodge.
Following is a schedule of events:
Friday, March 15
• 3 p.m.: Chase the Lucky Leprechaun to find the Pot O' Gold. A single clue will be released at 3 p.m. to start the chase to find the Lucky Leprechauns who hold the progressive clues.
• 7:30 p.m.: Trivia followed by DJ's JP and Dana at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant & Bar.
• 9 p.m.: Live music featuring Shane Martin at the Bourbon Room.
Saturday, March 16
• 7:45 a.m.: Race day registration at Whitefish Lodge & Suites.
• 9:30 a.m.: Clover Dash 5K, starting and ending at Crosslake Town Square with awards presented at 10:30 a.m.
• 8-11:30 a.m.: Crosslake firefighters pancake breakfast with a coloring activity and beads for all the kids at Crosslake Lutheran Church.
• 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Indoor vendor fair and parking lot kickoff party at Whitefish Lodge & Suites.
• 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m.: Maucieri's food & beverage truck at Crosslake Town Square.
• 11 a.m.: Full bar, food garden and live music featuring Shane Martin at Whitefish Lodge & Suites.
• 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Parade participant shuttle service for parade participants only.
Park and ride free shuttle transportation from the Crosslake Log Church on County Road 66 to the parade lineup at Crosslake Town Square. Drop off all float riders/walkers in the Town Square parade lineup area. One vehicle driver can then proceed to The Log Church to take the shuttle back.
• 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Pre-parade entertainment, shopping and festivities at Crosslake Town Square, including live music featuring The Dirty Shorts Brass Band. General parade lineup begins at noon at Swann Drive and Allen Avenue at Crosslake Town Square.
• 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Crosslake Community School family fun games, face painting, food, book walk and prizes.
Buy a parking space at the school and proceeds will help buy new playground equipment.
• Noon-3 p.m.: Sixth annual Knights of Columbus food, Maucieri's beverage cart and warming tent with music featuring DJ David Johnson at Crosslake Ace Hardware & Appliance.
• 2 p.m.: 45th annual St. Patrick's Day parade featuring The Year of the Lucky Leprechaun. Chamber bucks will be awarded to the top three business entries and top one nonprofit organization entry. Hubbard Broadcasting/WJJY will award most enthusiastic entry.
Parade judges will be located in the Better Living Concepts sunhome in Crosslake Town Square.
Post parade entertainment
• Whitefish Lodge & Suites: Live music featuring Pandemic Band, 3 p.m.
• Moonlite Bay: DJ music with DJ JP, 4 p.m.; live music featuring Tugboat Rampage, 5-9 p.m.; DJs JP & Dana, 9 p.m.-2 a.m.
• 14 Lakes Craft Brewing: Live music featuring Tangled Chords, 4-9 p.m.
• Big Al's Bar & Grill: Live music featuring the Nissfits, 4 p.m.; $1,000 meat raffle, 7:30 p.m.
• Bourbon Room: Soup Bones, 5 p.m.
• Manhattan's: Live music featuring Drunk N Stupid, 6 p.m.
• Riverside Inn: Karaoke.
Friday, March 22
St. Patrick's raffle ticket drawing party at Andy's Bar & Grill.