Nisswa City of Lights festival is Nov. 26
Schedule of events includes hay wagon rides, Santa, fireworks and more
The 40th annual Nisswa City of Lights festival is Friday, Nov. 26, featuring annual shopping specials, bonfires, blinky lights and Christmas themed activities. Following is the schedule of events:
- All day: Write a letter to Santa at the Nisswa Chamber of Commerce office.
- 10 a.m.-8 p.m.: Shopping campaign buttons available at the Chamber of Commerce for $5.
- 3:30 p.m.: Main Street from Big Axe Brewery to Main Street Ale House closes to traffic to make room for vendors.
- 3:30-7 p.m.: Axe throwing at Roundhouse Brewery.
- 4 p.m.: Bonfires are lit along the Paul Bunyan Trail.
- 4 p.m.: Blinky lights are for sale on Main Street.
- 4 p.m.: Outdoor beer garden opens with grab and go food and build your own hot chocolate at Big Axe Brewing.
- 4-5 p.m.: Holiday brass band at Nisswa Square near Stonehouse Coffee.
- 4-5:45 p.m.: Photos with Santa in the Nisswa Square courtyard.
- 4-7 p.m.: Live reindeer on Main Street in front of the chamber building.
- 4-7 p.m.: Free s'mores and a warm fire at Up North Bike Rentals next to city hall.
- 4-7 p.m.: Gingerbread parade of homes at Woods to Water Real Estate.
- 4-7 p.m.: Salvation Army red kettles go up at four locations.
- 4:30 p.m.: "The Polar Express" storytelling (with limited seating) at the caboose.
- 4:45 p.m.: Luminary walk in the Pioneer Village.
- 4:45-7 p.m.: Kids crafts with Black Bear 4-H Club at the Pioneer Village.
- 5 p.m.: Main Street Ale House hosts an outdoor bar with fire pits.
- 5 p.m.: "The Polar Express" storytelling (with limited seating) at the caboose.
- 5-7 p.m.: Live Nativity Scene by the Our Lady of the Lakes parish youth at the Pioneer Village.
- 5:30 p.m.: Countdown for lighting displays begins.
- 6 p.m.: Santa arrives at the gazebo.
- 7:30 p.m.: Fireworks at the Nisswa Community Center.
Two workshops are being offered through LivingWorks, a partner organization of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, in the coming months.