Salute Magazine - Veterans Day 2020
THIS ISSUE FEATURES:
• John Warren, a bastion of history of African American service members - Vietnam vet John Warren, of Pine River, seems to have been born to wear a uniform, born to be a wealth of knowledge for African American military history and born to help others.
• Eagle’s Healing Nest helps suffering veterans - Melony Butler has been on a mission for many years, advocating and helping veterans. She and her husband Master Sgt. Blaine Butler started Eagle’s Healing Nest in 2012.
• Reaching out: All are welcome at CLC Veterans Resource Center - Theresa Harsha is the veterans resource center coordinator at Central Lakes College. Harsha uses her military experience and her masters degree in education to support student veterans and their families.
• Flight of restored B-17 bomber harks back to days when skies were not so blue
• Local photo submissions of Brainerd lakes area veterans - past and present.
• Cover: The All Veterans Memorial in Brainerd was revised and then dedicated on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2017.
Photo by Steve Kohls