Grief Support Group to meet in Brainerd
Adults who are grieving the death of a loved one are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Grief Support Group. This supportive and caring group is facilitated by professionals and will meet from 3-5 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 10-Oct. 22, at Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center in Brainerd.
Through individual reflection, grief-related tasks and group sharing, participants will:
• Understand the grief process.
• Identify normal manifestations of grief and learn healthy coping behavior.
• Develop a realistic memory of the deceased, remembering the life shared, not primarily the death.
• Create a support system for one's self within and outside the group.
• Decrease emotional pain (sadness, helplessness, etc.).
• Recognize, express and accept one's feelings.
• Be able to access ongoing spiritual and pastoral grief resources.
The Grief Support Group is for adults who have had a relative, friend or significant person die. Common experiences of those who are living with grief include poor sleep, poor appetite, problems concentrating and no energy for things that used to be enjoyable.
The purpose of this group is to equip each person with the tools and resources to reinvest oneself in life.
For more information about grief support and to register for the seven-week session, call 218-828-7442 or 218-828-7531.