PIERZ - The Crow Wing County Dairy Princess Banquet is planned March 21 at the Pierz Ballroom.
Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. with a program, coronation and dance to follow. Advanced tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children younger than 12 and are available from any candidate or by calling 218-828-1998 before March 14. Tickets at the door will be $15.
Dairy ambassador candidates include:
• Anna Young, 18, daughter of Randy and Delores Young of rural Brainerd, is a senior at Pierz Healy High. She is a member of FFA and enjoys four-wheeling. Her favorite dairy product is ice cream. Her sponsors are Farmer's and Merchants State Bank, Tri-County Livestock Auction, Pierz Fab, Crow Wing County Farm Bureau, and Woitalla Repair Service.
• Grace Studniski, 15, daughter of Rick and Gretchen Studniski, Fort Ripley, is in ninth grade and is home schooled. She is in FFA, 4-H and participates in the Dairy Knowledge Bowl. Her favorite dairy products are chocolate milk and ice cream. Her sponsors are Modern Farm Equipment, AMPI, Long Prairie Packing Company, Litke's Veterinary Service, and Centrasota.
• Kirsten Schroer, 14, daughter of Richard and Susan Schroer of Brainerd, is in ninth grade at South Campus. She is involved in 4-H, Girl Scouts, speech, tennis, theatre, and church youth group. Her favorite dairy product is ice cream. Her sponsors are Crow Wing Power, Sunrise Ag Cooperative, AgStar Financial Services, Jerome Marshik, and Design In The Pines.
• Crow Wing County Junior Dairy Princess candidate Reilley Hettver, 13, is the daughter of Tony and Cheryl Hettver, of Brainerd. She helps her parents feed calves and milk cows on their dairy farm. Reilley is in eighth grade at Forestview Middle School. She enjoys four-wheeling and 4-H. Her favorite dairy product is milk. Her sponsors are Baxter Dental, Hettver Logging, Midwest Machinery Company, Hettver Holstein Hotel and Athman Dairy Incorporated.
• Alyson Koering, candidate for Crow Wing County Dairy Princess, 18, is the daughter of Gerald and Melissa Koering of Fort Ripley. She is a senior at Brainerd High School. She plays the clarinet and is a member of Brainerd FFA. Her favorite dairy products are milk and ice cream. She is employed on her grandparents' Leonard and Carleen Koering's dairy farm. Her coronation at this event qualifies her to compete for one of the 12 Princess Kay of the Milky Way finalists who will be selected in May.
Each finalist will have their likeness carved in butter at the Minnesota State Fair. One will be chosen to wear the crown of Princess Kay of the Milky Way and become the statewide spokesperson for the dairy industry. Koering's sponsors are Pierz Veterinary Clinic, Wally Thesing Tours, Pierz Cooperative Association, Al Olson Express, LLC, Pioneer Lake Mutual Insurance Company, and M & K's Wings Cafe.
The dairy princess and ambassadors promote the dairy industry and agriculture by visiting elementary classrooms and nursing homes, helping at the county fair and farm tours, participating in parades and educating their friends of the benefits of dairy products.