The Brainerd Fire Department was called at 4:07 a.m. Thursday of a possible structure fire on the 1700 block of Laurel Street. Upon arrival, firefighters found a chair on the porch on fire. Fire crews extinguished all the nearby contents of the porch and the chair and then ventilated the house.

Firefighters also were called to check on a carbon monoxide alarm at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday on the 2500 block of Crestview Lane in Brainerd. Upon arrival, firefighters investigated, and the call was unfounded.