Sprout's Summer Harvest dinner kicks off July 28
LITTLE FALLS—Sprout's Summer Harvest Dinner July 28 will provide an opportunity for the public to dine alongside local farmers.
During the height of this growing season, Sprout aims to honor the work of growers and producers in our community by inviting them to take the night off to relax and enjoy a gourmet meal, eating their own carefully raised seasonal ingredients and getting to know customers who enjoy their food, as it is prepared and served by expert chefs. The dinner begins at 5:30 p.m. with cocktails and live music by Paul Drinkwine, a folk fingerstyle guitarist of Saint Cloud, and ends at 9 p.m. Tickets are $60 and available at www.sproutmn.com/placemaking/harvest/.
Five chefs who advocate for buying local food will prepare the five-course gourmet meal using ingredients from central Minnesota and serve it with wine pairings by sommelier Scott Lindman of Paustis Wine Company. The farmers providing those fresh ingredients will be seated at each table alongside guests and ready to talk about how and why they produce their meat, produce, wheat, and other products.
The Summer Harvest Dinner menu is:
• Chef Jason Eslinger of Iron Range Eatery will serve honey lemon glazed salmon with summer vegetable ratatouille
• Chef Tomas of the A.T. The Black & White Restaurant will serve chimichurri pork tenderloin with vegetable medley on basmati rice
• Chef Jenna Brower Von Siebolds of Prairie Bay Grill will serve grass-fed lamb satay with fire-roasted tomatillos & thyme
• Chef Matt Annand of 3 Cheers Hospitality will serve "wok-ing taco" kohlrabi noodle salad with chicken & ginger scallion broth
• Chef James Blahut of Sherwood Forest will serve chocolate zucchini cheesecake.
The menu is subject to change
Proceeds of the dinner will support Sprout's mission to promote the health, economy, and self-reliance of central Minnesota through activities such as the prescriptive CSA program in partnership with Live Better Live Longer which connects community members in Little Falls to fresh, local, and healthy food.
Sprout's monthly events will continue from 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 23, with Party with Purple Carrot: A Party with a Purpose. More details are available at www.sproutmn.com.