Dairy princess and ambassador contest set
PIERZ—The 2019 Crow Wing County Dairy Princess and Ambassador contest will be Saturday, March 23 at the Pierz Ballroom.
Dinner will be served 7-8 p.m. with a program, coronation and dance to follow. Dinner tickets are $12 for those ages 13 and older and $8 for ages 12 and younger if purchased by March 17 or $15 at the door. Tickets may be purchased from the candidates or by calling Rosanne Caughey at 218-831-3376.
Junior Dairy Princess candidates
• Arica Caughey, 17, daughter of Aric and Jennifer Caughey, Brainerd, is a junior at Brainerd High School. Her favorite subject is Jazz Band and her favorite dairy product is mild cheddar cheese. Arica is very active in FFA and 4-H, assuming several leadership roles. Her hobbies include reading and art. Arica is a dairy farmer who has shared her knowledge of the dairy industry for the past three years serving as a junior dairy princess. Arica's sponsors are Associated Milk Producers Inc., Pierz Coop, Deerwood Bank and Segler Tire Sales and Service.
• Jenna Caughey, 16, daughter of Aric and Jennifer Caughey, Brainerd, is a sophomore at Brainerd High School. She enjoys her agriculture classes and chocolate milk. Jenna is a member of the Brainerd FFA and 4-H. She enjoys working with her dairy cattle and exhibiting them at several dairy shows, including the Minnesota State Fair. Jenna is a dairy farmer who looks forward to telling the story of how milk gets from the cow to the dinner table. Jenna's sponsors are Al Olson Express, Farmers and Merchants State Bank, Long Prairie Packing and Culver's restaurant of Baxter.
Dairy Ambassador contestants
• Hanna Caughey, 15, daughter of Darin and Donna Caughey, Brainerd, is in the ninth grade at Brainerd High School. Her favorite subject is science, especially agriculture science. Hanna enjoys hunting, fishing and riding horse. She is a member of the 4-H Horse Drill team and FFA. Hanna's favorite dairy product is ice cream. Her involvement with the dairy industry includes helping her cousins on their dairy farm. Hanna's sponsors are Crow Wing County Farm Bureau, Mid-Minnesota Federal Credit Union, CentraSota Cooperative and Midwest Machinery.
• Isabel Erfurth, 14, daughter of James and April Erfurth, Brainerd, is in the eighth grade and is home-schooled. Her favorite subject is science and favorite dairy product is milk. Isabel plays the piano and likes to cross-country ski and go skating. She is a former Girl Scout, currently in 4-H, and a member of the Dream Team that plays Brainerd Area Youth for Christ rallies. Isabel is excited to learn more about the dairy industry and share what she learns with others. Isabel's sponsors are Jerome Marshik, McDonald's and Wally Thesing Casino Tours.
• Keyahna Kurilla, 17, daughter of Joyce Griffiths and Mike Kurilla, Brainerd, is a junior at Brainerd High School. Her favorite subjects are sociology and humanities. Keyahna has her pilot's license and is a member of several aviation organizations. She enjoys traveling, flying and anything FFA related. Her favorite dairy product is ice cream. Keyahna is looking forward to working with the dairy princesses and other ambassadors to promote the dairy industry. Her sponsors are Compeer Financial, Northland Drilling and Wings Airport Café.
• Elizabeth Studniski, 17, daughter of Rick and Gretchen Studniski, Fort Ripley, is in the 11th grade and is home-schooled. Her favorite subject is history and her favorite dairy product is milk. Elizabeth is a 4-H member and is on the dairy knowledge bowl team. She enjoys playing sports and spending time with her family and friends. Elizabeth wants to pursue a career in nursing to share her knowledge of the dairy industry to help others live a healthy life. Elizabeth's sponsors are Crow Wing Power, Litke Vet and Pioneer Lake Mutual Insurance Co.
Dairy princess candidates must live and work on a dairy farm or dairy heifer facility or lease animals from a dairy farm. Dairy ambassadors do not have to live on a dairy farm but like the princesses, must have a passion for promoting the dairy industry.