Crews have completed Hwy 10 resurfacing east and west of Wadena, and installing the center left-turn lanes at the Hwy 10/Otter Tail CR 75 intersection. Work operations will resume in early-August and currently, all Hwy 10 lanes are open through July.
Detour begins early-August
Both directions of Hwy 10 will close and detour between Wadena CR 4/Sunny Brook Rd and Harry Rich Dr in Wadena to replace underground drainage structures near Union Creek. The detour uses Harry Rich Dr and CR 4/Sunny Brook Rd. All lanes to reopen by early-September.
Motorists can expect temporary shoulder, lane or sidewalk closures, with crews working in various areas for the full duration of this project.
The mainline work and detours on Hwy 10 in Wadena between 3rd St W and CR 4 will be done in 2020.
MnDOT will host an informational open house for the 2020 construction work through Wadena. More details will be released then.
Wadena is open
Access to businesses and residents to be open, however, expect changes.
Summary of work
- Widen and reconstruct Hwy 10 in Wadena from east of Birch Ave NW to east of Wadena CR 4, includes the Hwy 10 intersection at Hwy 71
- Improve access and traffic flow, includes a concrete median and widened shoulders
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches
- Upgrade city storm sewers and install new LED street lighting
- Replace the signal systems at Second St W and Hwy 71
- Upgrade the railroad crossings on Hwy 71 and Second St W
- Resurface west/east of Wadena
- Resurface the two-lane segments of Hwy 10 from Bluffton to Birch Ave and Wadena CR 4 to Oink Joint Rd
- Install left-turn lanes at the Hwy 10/Otter Tail CR 75 intersection, west of Wadena