Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
9 a.m. Monday, Sept. 28, On-Site Public Meeting for Proposed Cartway for Nelson Preserve, Intersection of CR 105 & Marsh Point Road
9 a.m. Thursday, Review CARES Act/Coronavirus Relief Funds Grant Applications for Nonprofits, Land Services Building, Meeting Room 1
9:30 a.m. Thursday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Passenger Main Terminal Waiting Area
1 p.m. Thursday, Review CARES Act/Coronavirus Relief Funds Grant Applications for Small Businesses, BLAEDC
9 a.m. Oct. 5, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 28
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call
2. Pledge of allegiance
3. Announcement by Chair Haglin:
A. Due to the current federal and state emergency declarations, the Minnesota directive to residents to stay at home, and guidance about limiting person-to-person contact due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting of the Brainerd School Board is being conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statutes 13D.021— Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means.
Persons may monitor this meeting from a remote location by watching on YouTube live. This meeting is being recorded. Access to the recording will be made available on the school district’s website as soon as is reasonably possible.
4. Approval of the agenda as presented/amended
5. Public Input
6. Approval of Minutes
A. Regular Board Meeting – September 14, 2020
7. Consent Calendar and presentation of additional bills for payment – Hirings are approved pending negotiated contracts/agreements and a district approved /acceptable background check.
A. Staff Changes/Leaves
C. Ratify Payment of Bills
Meet the School Board Candidates - Jacqelyn Calos, Amanda Ciesinski Chan, Sue Kern, Emily LeClaire, Freedom Porter and Jana Shogren
Blueprint 181 Project Update - Damien Williams, Scott Whittemore, Kyle Walters, Justin Maaninga, Mark Needham, and Reid Thiesse
9. New Business
1. Approve PR No. 25 at the Brainerd High School North Campus Project, for an amount not to exceed $227,625.91.
2. Approve the Design Development for the South Campus building at Brainerd High School (the future Lincoln Education Center) as presented. This approval does not include the finishes or FF&E at this time.
Design Development Specifications
Design Development Plans
3. Approval of the Third and Final Reading of MSBA Policy No. 902 - Use of School District Facilities and Equipment as presented - Cori Reynolds
Draft Proposed Appendix
Draft Fee Comparison from old Policy #810 to new Policy No. 902
Draft Facilities Use Budget
4. Approval of the Resolution stating the intention of the School Board to issue General Obligation Bonds to Finance Projects included in the District’s approved 10-year Facility Plan; convenanting and obligating the District to be bound by and to use the provisions of Minnesota Statutes, Section 126C.55 to guarantee the payment of the principal and interest on the bonds. - Greg Crowe and Maric Lord
5. Approval of the Preliminary 2020 Payable 2021 Property Tax Levy at the maximum. - Marci Lord
6. Approval of resolution for non-renewal of an non-tenured teacher - Resolution:
WHEREAS, Minnesota Statutes section 122A.40, subdivision 5, states that the first three consecutive years of a teacher’s first teaching experience in Minnesota in a single district is deemed to be a probationary period of employment, and that the probationary period in each district in which the teacher is thereafter employed is one year; and WHEREAS, Minnesota Statutes section 122A.40, subdivision 5, further states that any annual contract with a probationary teacher may or may not be renewed as the school board shall see fit, provided that the board gives the teacher written notice of the nonrenewal before July 1; NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the School Board of Independent School District No. 181 as follows:
1. Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 122A.40, subdivision 5, the School Board hereby declines to renew the annual teaching contract of Marie Waschek effective the end of the 2019-2020 school year:
2. As a result of this Resolution, the District’s employment relationship with the above-named probationary teacher(s) will terminate effective at the end of the current contract or May 31, 2020.
3. The School Board has reviewed and hereby approves the written notice of nonrenewal for each affected teachers. The notice to each affected teachers states the reasons for the non-renewal. The School Board Chair is directed to sign the written notice(s) on behalf of the School Board. The reasons for non-renewal are classified as private personnel data under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, unless the non-renewal represents the final disposition of disciplinary action.
4. The Superintendent, or a designee, is directed to serve the affected teacher(s) with a copy of this Resolution and the approved written notice for that teacher before October 1. If possible, the notice(s) should be hand-delivered.
A. Curriculum Report – Tim Murtha
B. Business Service’s Report – Marci Lord
C. Superintendent’s Report – Laine Larson
11. Future Meetings
Oct. 6, 2020 - Project Oversight Team Meeting, 8 a.m., WESB & Virtual
Oct. 6, 2020 - Equity Advisory Task Force Meeting, 2 p.m. via Google Meets
Oct. 6, 2020 - School Board Candidate Forum, 6 p.m. at The Woods Event Center, Merrifield
Oct. 8, 2020 - Resume Hybrid Model for students Grade 9-12
Oct. 9, 2020 - Family Services Collaborative Meeting, 8:30 a.m. at WESB
Oct. 12, 2020 - Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m., WESB & Virtual
Oct. 15-16, 2020 - EdMN Days - No School
Nov. 3, 2020 - Election Day - School Board Election
Jan. 14-15, 2021 - MSBA Leadership Conference via Virtual
12. Other Business