Brainerd Housing Redevelopment Authority Board of Commissioners
Meets 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28
Brainerd City Hall Council Chambers
Or https://tinyurl.com/y6s3jsrp; join by phone 415-655-0001; meeting number (access code): 126 611 2806; meeting password: 1028.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Reading and Approval of Minutes
4. Unfinished Business
5. New Business
a. Resident Commissioner Election
b. Authorize Submission of SCDP Preliminary Proposal for the Cities of Jenkins and Garrison
c. Approve Amended Record Retention Policy
6. Bills and Communications
a. Financial Report
b. HCV/Section 8 Report
c. Housing Management Report
d. Executive Director Report
e. Rehab Update
7. Commissioner Comments
Next meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 18.
Brainerd Parks and Recreation Department
Meets 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27
City Hall Council Chambers
501 Laurel St., Brainerd
I. Call to Order – 4:00 PM
II. Approval of Agenda
III. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Board and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Board votes on the motion.
A. Approval of Minutes
1. Special Meetings held on July 14, 2020 and July 21, 2020
2. Regular Meeting held on July 28, 2020
B. Approval of the Disbursements for the Month of October 2020
IV. Unfinished Business
A. Park Programs
B. Children’s Museum
C. Cable for Security Cameras
D. Park Survey
VI. New Business
A. Campground Host Site
B. Warming Houses
C. Dan Duda Field
D. Approval of Sanders Hire
VII. Public Forum – Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Board. Time limits may be imposed.
VIII. City Administrator Report
IX. Director’s Report
Brainerd Public Library
Meets 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28
Finance Committee meets prior to the board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Both meetings are via Zoom.
1. Call to Order \u0009
2. Roll Call/Introductions \u0009
3. Approve agenda
4. Approve minutes of August 2020 meeting
5. President’s report
6. Librarian’s report
7. Finance Committee report
8. Building & Grounds Committee report
9. Policy Committee report
10. KRL Rep’s report
11. Friends of the Library report
12. Open Forum
13. Unfinished Business
14. New Business \u0009
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27
County Board Room, 3rd Floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
*Note: Times are approximate
The agenda has been published as shown below but is subject to change to include such business as may come before the Board.
1. 9 a.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance (Commissioner Koering attending by Teams)
2. Open Forum
3. Review and Approve Minutes
3.1. 10/13/20 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
4. Review and Approve Agenda
5. Consent Agenda
5.2. Personnel Actions
5.3. Final Payment Request, Contract No. 20007 Bituminous Seal Coat
6. 9:05 a.m. Public Hearing, Restatement of Ossawinnamakee Lake Improvement District
6.1. Restatement of Ossawinnamakee LID
7. Community Services
7.1. Adult Mental Health Grant Contract 2021-2022
8. Land Services
8.1. Approve Location for Sand Creek Bridge
8.2. MC2 Invest LLC - Kevin McDonald - Final Plat for Gateway Storage
8.3. Gregory and Sharon Richards Trust - Land Use Map Amendment
8.4. Utility Easement Request - Ellis/Crow Wing Power - Perry Lake Township
8.5. Lake Improvement District (LID) Policy Revisions
9. Administrative Services
9.1. CARES Act/Coronavirus Relief Funds Purchase Requests
10. County Sheriff
11. County Attorney
11.1. Cartway Petition in Second Assessment District
12. County Administrator
12.1. Senior Management Team Report
12.2. Resignation from Airport Commission
13. Additional Business
County Board Correspondence
Crow Wing County Committee meeting
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 26, Review CARES Act/Coronavirus Relief Funds Grant Applications (For-Profits), BLAEDC
9 a.m. Monday, Review CARES Act/Coronavirus Relief Funds Grant Applications (Nonprofits), Historic Courthouse, County Board Room
9 a.m. Tuesday, County Board Meeting, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room
10 a.m. Friday, Central Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Joint Powers Board, Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84156694027)
9 a.m. Nov. 2, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room
Morrison County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27
County Board Room
Government Center, Little Falls
1. Call to order by chairman
2. Pledge of allegiance
3. Approval of county board minutes
4. Additions/deletions to the agenda
5. Closed session
6. Lake alexander lid
7. Sheriff’s report
8. Social service report
9. Public health report
10. Land services
11. Extension report
12. Auditor’s report
13. County board warrants
14. Administrator’s report
15. Committee reports/upcoming schedule
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 26
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Announcement by Chair Haglin:
A. Due to the current federal and state emergency declarations, the Minnesota directive to residents to stay at home, and guidance about limiting person-to-person contact due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting of the Brainerd School Board is being conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statutes 13D.021— Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means.
Persons may monitor this meeting from a remote location by watching on YouTube live. This meeting is being recorded. Access to the recording will be made available on the school district’s website as soon as is reasonably possible. There will be space for anyone who would like to personally address the board during the public input.
4. Approval of the agenda as presented / amended
5. District Recognitions
Congratulations to Tim Edinger for being selected as the “2020 Outstanding Educator of the Year” by the Brainerd Jaycee and Brainerd Community Action.
Congratulations to Haley Helmin, 2019 Brainerd Graduate, for being crowned Miss Teen United States 2019. Haley’s platform is promoting Ally’s Wings, which provides tie blankets and care packages for children or families impacted by cancer.
Congratulations to the Warrior Boys Varsity Soccer Team for being the Central Lakes Conference Champions.
Congratulations to the Warrior Girls Varsity Soccer Team for being the Central Lakes Conference Champions.
Congratulations to the Warrior Girls Varsity Tennis Team for being the Central Lakes Conference Champions.
6. Public Input - Due to the health pandemic and social distancing guidelines from public health officials, is it not feasible for the general public to physically attend this meeting but there will be space made for anyone who would like to personally address the board during the public input.
7. Approval of Minutes
A. Regular Board Meeting – October 12, 2020
8. Consent Calendar and presentation of additional bills for payment – Hiring’s are approved pending negotiated contracts/agreements and a district approved /acceptable background check.
A. Staff Changes/Leaves
B. Ratify Payment of Bills
COVID-19 Coordinator Introduction and Welcome - Angie Hamilton
COVID-19 Update - Angie Hamilton, Angie Bennett, Heidi Hahn, Michelle Moritz, and Laine Larson
10. New Business
Presentation: Blueprint 181 Project Update - Damien Williams, Scott Whittemore, Kyle Walters, Justin Maaninga, Mark Needham, Val Peterson, and Reid Thiesse. Val Peterson will review interior designs and materials at South Campus. Reid Thiesse will discuss South Campus Conditional Use Permit and rezoning plan.
1. Approve PR #29 - Electrical changes at the Performing Arts Center and Brainerd High School area lighting and access control systems not to exceed $56,222.00 as presented.
2. Approve the Schematic Design and move into Design Development and Construction documents for the Garfield Elementary Gymnasium addition with ICS, not to exceed $66,300.00 as presented. This does not include change event construction costs or bleachers.
3. Approve the first phase of security cameras at Brainerd High School, not to exceed $169,604.50 as presented.
4. Approve the Resolution ratifying the award of the sale, determining the form and details, authorizing the execution, delivery, and registration, and providing for the payment of General Obligation Facilities Maintenance Bonds, Series 2020A - Marci Lord and Greg Crowe
Sale Day Report
5. Presentation: Brainerd Online School Application - Christina Lundgren and Tim Murtha
6. Approval of the Resolution for the Brainerd Online School Application as presented.
7. Approval to move the Regular School Board Meeting from November 9, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. to Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 12:00 noon as a Special School Board meeting for canvassing the election results as presented. - Laine Larson
8. Approval to move the Regular School Board Meeting from November 23, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. to Monday, November 30, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. as a Special School Board meeting as presented. - Laine Larson
A. Curriculum Report - Tim Murtha
B. Business Service’s Report – Marci Lord
C. Superintendent’s Report – Laine Larson
12. Future Meetings
Oct. 26, Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m. at WESB and Virtual
Nov. 3, Election Day - School Board Election
Nov. 3, Project Oversight Team Meeting, 8 a.m. at WESB and Virtual
Nov. 4, Elementary FF&E Pilot Classroom Review, 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 9, Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m. at WESB and Virtual
Nov. 18, Brainerd Planning Commission Meeting, 6 p.m. at Brainerd City Hall
Nov. 26, Thanksgiving - District Offices Closed
Nov. 27, District Offices Closed
Dec. 7, First Reading Rezoning for South Campus and Conditional Use Permit for South Campus, 7:30 p.m. at Brainerd City Hall
Jan. 14-15, 2021, MSBA Leadership Conference a Virtual Conference
Feb. 6, 2021, BPSF “The Big Event - Hook, Line, and Sinker” will be Virtual
13. Other Business