Housing Redevelopment Authority
Meets 5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14
Crow Wing County Land Services Building, Pine/Maple Meeting Room
322 Laurel St., Brainerd
Commissioner Craig Nathan attending via WebEx at 8986 Sugarberry Creek, Brainerd
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Review and approve minutes
4. Review and accept Financial Statements
5. Unfinished business
6. New business:
A. Executive Director
B. Housing Trust Fund
C. Brainerd HRA/rehab Programs
8. HRA Commissioner Comments
9. Next meeting: Oct. 13, 2021.
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak Street, Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call:
2. Pledge of Allegiance:
3. Announcement by Chair Nelson:
This meeting of the Brainerd School Board is being conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statutes 13D.02 - Meetings Conducted by Interactive TV: Conditions. Persons may monitor this meeting from a remote location by watching on YouTube live. This meeting is being recorded. Access to the recording will be made available on the school district’s website as soon as is reasonably possible.
The maximum seating capacity for the public seating section, with three feet of social distance being observed, in the School Board meeting room is calculated to 23. This number of seats will be maintained. Tornstrom Auditorium will be set up for extra seating and viewing of the board meeting. Face coverings are highly recommended for all unvaccinated individuals.
4. Approval of the agenda as presented or ammended:
Welcome Back to School Year 2021-2022 for all students, staff and families!! Welcome to all new students and staff joining our Warrior Family this school year!!
Congratulations to Brian Stubbs for being selected as the Choral Director of the Year by the American Choral Directors Association of Minnesota. This is a very high honor in the choral director world, and very deserving of this award.
6. Presentation: Blueprint 181 Project Update: Damien Williams, Scott Whittemore, Kyle Walters, Justin Maaninga, Mark Needham, and Reid Thiesse.
7. Public Input: If a member of the public would like to address the board during the public input time, there will be chairs available in the hallway and boardroom. Comments will be limited to three minutes and the board will not address the topic discussed at that time.
8. School Board Discussion Regarding: Time, Place and Manner Guidelines for School Meetings and Public Comment.
9. Approval of Minutes:
A. Special School Board Meeting – August 25, 2021
10. Consent Calendar: Hires are approved pending negotiated contracts/agreements and a district approved /acceptable background check.
A. Staff Changes/Leaves
B. Gifts & Grants Approval
C. Ratify Payment of Bills
COVID-19 Back-to-School Informational Update - Heidi Hahn, Angie Bennett, Michelle Moritz, and Laine Larson
12. New Business:
For Action -
A. Approval of the First Reading of the Updated MSBA Policy #808 - COVID-19 Face Coverings as presented.
Business Services Report – Marci Lord
Superintendent’s Report – Laine Larson
14. Future Meetings:
Sept. 13, Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
Sept. 14, Equity Task Force Meeting, 2 p.m.
Sept. 21, Open Houses Riverside & Lowell Elementaries 4:30-6 p.m.
Sept. 25-28, MASA Fall Conference
Sept. 29, Brunch with Laine at BHS, 9:45 a.m.
Sept. 29, Special School Board Meeting, noon
Sept. 30, Inservice Day - No School
Oct. 1, Inservice Day - No School \u0009
15. Closed Meeting: The meeting will be closed pursuant to Minnesota State Statutes Section 13D.03, for Labor Negotiation Strategy.
16. The Board moved into closed session at __:__ p.m., in the Boardroom at the Washington Educational Services Building.
17. The Board reconvened the public meeting at __:__ p.m., in the Boardroom at the Washington Educational Services Building.
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14
County Board Room, 3rd Floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
The agenda has been published as shown below but is subject to change to include such business as may come before the Board.
ATTEND IN-PERSON OR BY MICROSOFT TEAMS (CALL 218-302-1725, CONFERENCE ID: 213 792 460#); LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE AT WWW.CROWWING.US OR ON THE CROW WING COUNTY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
1. 9 a.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Forum
3. Review and Approve Minutes
3.1. 08/24/21 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
4. Review and Approve Agenda
5. Consent Agenda
5.2. Personnel Actions
5.3. Lutheran Social Service, Resolution for Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program
5.4. Final Payment Request, Contract No. 21005, FDR and Bituminous Surfacing CSAH 24
5.5. 2021 Temporary 3.2 Percent Malt Liquor License
5.6. Clean-up Project Tipping Fee Policy Updates
5.7. Westin Properties LLC - Final Plat for "Rock Ridge"
5.9. Request of Services Agreement for Minnesota Judicial Branch
6. Land Services
6.1. Westin Properties LLC - Preliminary Plat for "Kennedy Woods"
6.2. Westin Properties LLC - Final Plat for "Kennedy Woods"
6.3. 2021 Budget Amendment - Land Services Projects
7. Administrative Services
7.1. Historic Courthouse Open House 09/24/21
8. County Engineer
8.1. Carolyn Lane Petition for Improvements
8.2. City of Crosslake Cost Share Agreement for CP 18-066-007
9. County Sheriff
10. County Attorney
11. County Administrator
11.1. Senior Management Team Report
12. 2022 Preliminary Budget and Levy Adoption
12.1. 2022 Preliminary Levy Resolution
13. Contested Hearing
13.1. Nelson Preserve Cartway Contested Hearing
14. Additional Business
County Board Correspondence
County Board Correspondence for 09/14/21
For more information, call 218-824-1067
Crow Wing County Board meeting agendas are available online at
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14, County Board Meeting, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room/Teams (218-302-1725, 213792460#)
Meets 5 p.m. Tuesday, Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority, Land Services Building, Pine/Maple Room / Webex (contact HRA for info)
Meets Thursday-Friday, Association of Minnesota Counties Fall Policy Conference, Arrowwood Conference Center, Alexandria
Meets 5 p.m. Thursday, Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room / Teams (218-302-1725, 595242525#)
Meets 9 a.m. Sept. 20, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room
Facilities Committee Meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 3:15 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16
I. Call to Order
II. Athletic Complex Information from Wold
III. Project Financial Update from Nor-Son
This meeting of the Pillager Public Schools (ISD No. 116) school board may be conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statute 13D.021 - Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means.
Budget Committee Meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 5:20 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16
I. Call To Order
II. Levy Certification Review
III. Enrollment Numbers Update
IV. 1st Budget Revision 2021-2022
V. ESSER Funds Update
VI. Audit Update
VII. MDE Declining Pupil Aid
This meeting of the Pillager Public Schools (ISD No. 116) school board may be conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statute 13D.021 – Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means.
Crosslake City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13
A. CALL TO ORDER
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Approval of Additions to the Agenda
B. PUBLIC FORUM – Action may or may not be taken on any issues raised. If Council requires more information or time for consideration, the issues will be placed on the agenda of the next regular council meeting. Speaker must state their name and address. At the discretion of the Mayor, each speaker is given a three-minute time limit.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR – NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC – All items here listed are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be acted on by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Citizen or Councilmember so requests:
1. Special Council Meeting Minutes of July 29, 2021
2. Special Joint Council Meeting with Public Works Commission Minutes of August 2, 2021
3. Regular Council Meeting Minutes of August 9, 2021
4. Special Council Meeting Minutes of August 23, 2021
5. Budget Workshop Minutes of August 25, 2021
6. Public Hearing Minutes of August 25, 2021
7. Preliminary Draft Month End Revenue Report dated August 2021
8. Preliminary Draft Month End Expenditures Report dated August 2021
9. Preliminary Draft Balance Sheet dated August 2021
10. City Hall Construction Project Costs of 8/31/2021
11. Fire Hall Construction Project Costs of 8/31/2021
12. Police Report for Crosslake – August 2021
13. Police Report for Mission Township – August 2021
14. Fire Department Report – August 2021
15. North Memorial Ambulance Run Reports – July and August 2021
16. Planning and Zoning Monthly Statistics
17. Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting Minutes of July 23, 2021
18. Crosslake Parks, Recreation and Library Commission Meeting Minutes of 7/28/21
19. Crosslakers Meeting Minutes of August 2, 2021
20. Waste Partners Recycling Report for July 2021
21. Bills for Approval
D. MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBERS’ REPORT
1. Pastor Mark Holmen – Discuss Possibility of Allowing Digital Sign at the Log Church
2. Request from Aaron Herzog and John Andrews to Discuss Whether or Not to Continue Holding Special Joint Meetings with Public Works Commission
3. Discuss Option of Having Two Regular Council Meetings Per Month
4. Discuss Council Attendance at Meetings Via Zoom
5. Resolution Accepting Donations (Council Action-Motion)
6. Memo dated September 8, 2021 from City Clerk Re: Commission Resignations (Council Action-Motion)
7. Pay Application #12 from Hytec for Fire Hall in the Amount of $22,877.88 (Council Action-Motion)
8. Discuss Completion of City Hall Sign
9. Discuss VRBO Compliance
E. CITY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
1. Construction Cost Share Agreement with the City of Crosslake for the Installation of Dynamic Crosswalk Signing at the Intersections of CSAH 66/CSAH 3 and CSAH 66/Swann Drive (Council Action-Motion)
2. Preliminary Levy Resolution (Council Action-Motion)
F. COMMISSION REPORTS
1. PARK AND RECREATION/LIBRARY
a. Memo dated September 8, 2021 from TJ Graumann Re: Gallaway Subdivision Park Dedication Recommendation (Council Action-Motion)
b. Memo dated September 8, 2021 from TJ Graumann Re: Irrigation Expansion (Council Action-Motion)
c. Limited Use Agreement Between City of Crosslake and Mike and Lisa Rocca, Survey and Recommendations from Park Commission and Public Works Commission (Council Action-Motion)
2. PLANNING AND ZONING
a. Approve Preliminary Plat, The Woods of Crosslake, Greg and Roseanne Haglin (Council Action-Motion)
3. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Chip Lohmiller – Update of Louisiana Assistance, Equipment Surplus and Equipment Purchase
4. PUBLIC WORKS/SEWER/CEMETERY
a. Memo dated September 8, 2021 from Public Works Commission Re: Recommendation to Credit Sewer Bill (Council Action-Motion)
b. Resolution Ordering Improvement and Preparation of Plans (Council Action-Motion)
G. PUBLIC FORUM - Action may or may not be taken on any issues raised. If Council requires more information or time for consideration, the issues will be placed on the agenda of the next regular council meeting. Speaker must state their name and address. At the discretion of the Mayor, each speaker is given a three-minute time limit.
H. CITY ATTORNEY REPORT
1. Draft Resolution Requesting Concurrent Detachment from the City of Manhattan Beach and Annexation to City of Crosslake of Certain Lands Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 414.061 (Discussion Only)
I. NEW BUSINESS
J. OLD BUSINESS