Agendas - Jan. 26
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the agenda as presented / amended
4. District Recognition
A. Congratulations to Head Warrior Football Coach, Ron Stolski, for his dedicated service and retirement from his historic coaching position at Brainerd High School. Thank you for 45 years of service to the athletes, coaching staff and community in the Brainerd Public School District.
B. Congratulations to the Brainerd High School Bowl Teams competed in their first meet of the year Brainerd took 1st, 5th, 7th, 10th, and 11th place. The scores were very close and with continued practice we hope to see our standings improve over the next few weeks.
C. Thank you to Sourcewell for their $5.2 million commitment towards the construction of our South Campus - Level IV facility. We are looking forward to sharing the successes and impact this building will bring in collaboration with our regional partners.
5. Public Input
A. Review of the First Budget Revision for the 2019-2020 Budget - Marci Lord
B. BHS Vaping Update - Andrea Rusk and Amiee Jambor
7. Building Project Update - Damien Williams and ICS Team
A. Wave I Projects Overview
B. Wave 2 Projects Overview
8. Approval of Minutes
A. Organizational Board Meeting - January 13, 2020
B. Regular Board Meeting - January 13, 2020
9. Consent agenda & presentation of additional bills for payment - Hirings are approved pending negotiated contracts / agreements and a district approved and acceptable background check - Laine Larson
A. Staff Changes/Leaves
B. Gifts & Grants Approval
C. Ratify Payment of Bills
10. New Business
A. For Action
1) Approval of the First Budget Revision for 2019-20 Budget as presented. -
2) Approval of Ratification of Custodial Contract for 2019-2021 as presented. -
3) Approval of the Baxter Early Childhood Center Renovation Stormwater
Easement and Maintenance Agreement as presented and previously approved
by the Baxter City Council. Documents are attached under extras.
4) Approval of ISD #181 Limited Use Agreement for Signage in Jasperwood Drive right-of-way as presented and previously approved by the Baxter City Council. Documents are attached under extras.
5) Approval of ISD #181 Limited Use Agreement for signage in Knollwood Drive right-of-way as presented and previously approved by the Baxter City Council. Documents are attached under extras.
6) Approval to adopt the resolution approving the revised and final plat between the new Baxter Early Childhood Center and the City of Baxter, as presented.
1) Curriculum Report - Tim Murtha
2) Business Services' Report - Marci Lord
3) Superintendent's Report - Laine Larson
11. Future Meetings
A. January 28, 2020 - "Lunch with Laine" at LEC @ 11:00 a.m.
B. January 29, 2020 - Baxter Parks & Recreation Joint Powers Board Meeting at FMS Library @ 2:30 p.m.
C. February 1, 2020 - The Big Event at The Legacy at Cragun's @ 5:30 p.m.
D. February 4, 2020 - Project Oversight Team Meeting at WESB @ 8:00 a.m.
E. February 5, 2020 - "Lunch with Laine" at Garfield @ 12:00 p.m.
F. February 10, 2020 - Regular School Board Meeting @ 6:00 p.m.
G. February 11, 2020 - Baxter Early Childhood Bid Opening at WESB @ 2:00 p.m.
H. February 13, 2020 - Lowell Elementary Mechanical - Workscope #11 Rebid Opening at WESB @ 2:00 p.m.
I. February 14, 2020 - Special School Board Meeting at WESB @ 12:00 p.m.
12. Other business
Brainerd Parks and Recreation Department
Meets 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28
Crow Wing County Courthouse, third floor
326 Laurel St., Brainerd
Call to Order
I. Election of Officers
II. Additions to Agenda
A. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Board and will be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Board votes on the motion to adopt.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held December 17, 2019 and the special meeting held January 7, 2020
B. Approval of the disbursements for Year-End 2019 and the month of January 2020
B. Old Business
A. Memorial Park Project
C. New Business
A. Soil and Water Grant
B. Adult State Softball Tournaments
D. Public Forum - Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Board. Time limits may be imposed.
VI. City Administrator Report
VII. Director’s Report
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
Jan. 28, 9 a.m., County Board Meeting, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room
Jan. 31, 10 a.m., Central Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Joint Powers Board, Stearns County Highway Department, Waite Park
Feb. 3, 9 a.m., Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28
County Board Room
3rd Floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
1. 9 a.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Retiring Employee Recognition, Christine Sell
3. Open Forum
4. Review and Approve Minutes
4.1. 01/07/20 Statutory, Organizational and Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
5. Review and Approve Agenda
6. Consent Agenda
6.2. Personnel Actions
6.3. JA Sales Agreement Renewal Amendment #4
6.4. 2020 Tobacco License Renewal
6.5. Set Public Hearing to Consider Ordinance Establishing Housing Trust Fund in Crow Wing County
6.6. Exempt Gambling Permit
6.7. Agreement with Brainerd Public Utility Commission
6.8. Approve Setting Public Hearing Date on the Proposed Re-Route of the Pelican County Forest Road
6.9. Renewal of School Farm Lease
6.10. Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for 2019
6.11. State of Minnesota - County Child Support Program Interagency Cooperative Agreement
6.12. Amendment - Mental Health Grant for Region V+ Adult and Children's Crisis Response Services
6.13. Final Payment Request, Contract No. 19014 (CSAH 13/36 Tree Clearing)
7. Crow Wing County Short-Term Rental Licensing Ordinance
8. Land Services
8.1. Approve County to Act as Legal Sponsor for Sand Creek Bridge Project
8.2. Unlawful Detainer - Tax Forfeited PIN 53190518 - Section 19 - Center Township
9. Community Services
9.1. Additional Rule 25 Assessment Contract for New Out Patient Program in Crow Wing County
10. Administrative Services
10.1. Addendum to 2019-2021 MOU with University of Minnesota for Master Gardener Program Coordinator
10.2. Out of State Travel Request
11. County Sheriff
11.1. Request of Services Agreement for 2020 Ice Fishing Extravaganza
11.2. Addendum to Medical Services Agreement for Additional Mental Health Services
12. County Attorney
13. County Administrator
13.1. Senior Management Team Report
13.2. Central Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Region Joint Powers Agreement
13.3. Appointments to Natural Resources Advisory Committee
13.4. Appointments to Northeast Minnesota Regional Advisory Committee (RAC)
14. Additional Business