Agendas - Jan. 27
Personnel Committee Meeting Pillager School Board of Education Meets 7:15 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31 School Board Meeting Room I. Call to Order II. 2019-20 Outsource Contracts Discussion and Renewals III. 2018-19 Administrative Restructure Review IV....
Personnel Committee Meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 7:15 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31
School Board Meeting Room
I. Call to Order
II. 2019-20 Outsource Contracts Discussion and Renewals
III. 2018-19 Administrative Restructure Review
IV. Closed Session for 2019-2020 Preliminary Contract Negotiations
V. Request for Information
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the agenda as presented / amended
A. Congratulations to Forestview 8th grader, Henry Hopkins. Henry won the Brainerd Public Schools sixth grade through eighth grade oral spelling bee. Henry will now compete in the regional bee on Feb.19, 2019 at Sourcewell in Staples, Minnesota.
B. Amendment - Congratulations to the Brainerd High School Knowledge Bowl Teams. They competed at the first meet of the season on Wednesday, January 23rd. In total there were 35 teams at the competition of which 8 were from Brainerd. The event consisted of 1 written round and 4 oral rounds of questions relating to curriculum taught at the highest level in high schools. Points are awarded for correct answers and then totalled for the day. Of the 35 teams Brainerd took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 9th place.
5. Public Input
6. Building Project Update - Brandon Kellerman
A. Initial Presentation for the Preliminary Schematic Design for Forestview Middle School - Chris Ziemer & Erica Marcussen
B. Property Acquisition Update - Natalie Hoff
7. Approval of Minutes
A. Organizational Special School Board Meeting - January 14, 2019
B. Regular School Board Meeting - January 14, 2019
8. Consent Calendar - Hirings are approved pending negotiated contracts / agreements and a district approved and acceptable background check - Laine Larson
A. Staff Changes - Hires, Resignations, Retirements, and Terminations
C. Gifts & Grants Approval
D. Field Trip Request(s)
1) Creston, IA for BHS Choir
2) Duluth, MN for BHS Choir
9. New Business
A. For Action
1) Approval of Property Acquisitions for: 1203 11th Avenue NE, Brainerd, MN 56401. Parcel ID: 09136004012Y009 1207 11th Avenue NE, Brainerd, MN 56401. Parcel ID: 09136004013Y009 620 3rd Avenue NE, Brainerd, MN 56401. Parcel ID: 09128023011Z009 None Listed, Brainerd, MN 56401. Parcel ID: 09181016008B009
2) Approval of Resolution Authorizing Acquisition of Property and Providing Relocation Assistance, Services, and Benefits by Independent School District #181, Brainerd, Minnesota - Laine Larson
3) Approval of the Second and Final Reading for MSBA Policy Updates #202, #203.2, #204, #210, #211 - Laine Larson
a. #202 - School Board Officers
b. #203.2 - Order of the Regular School Board Meeting
c. #204 - School Board Meeting Minutes
d. #210 - Conflict of Interest - School Board Members
e. #211 - Criminal or Civil Action Against School District, School Board Member, Employee, or Student
4) Approval of the Required Annual Review of Policy #410 - Family Medical Leave - Jenny Castle
5) Approval of the First Reading for MSBA Policy Updates #303, #402, #404, #405, #406, #408, #409, #413 Exhibit B, #418, #423, #424, #430 - Laine Larson
a. #303 - Superintendent Selection
b. #402 - Employee Disability Nondiscrimination Policy
c. #404 - Employment Background Checks
d. #405 - Veteran's Preference
e. #406 - Public and Private Personnel Data
f. #408 - Subpoena of a School District Employee
g. #409 - Employee Publications, Instructional Materials, Inventions and Creations
h. #413 Exhibit B
i. #418 - Drug-Free Workplace / Drug-Free School
j. #423 - Employee - Student Relationships
k. #424 - License Status
l. #430 - Emergency Sick Leave Request
1) Business Services' Report - Marci Lord
a. Financial Report
2) Superintendent's Report - Laine Larson
10. Future Board & Committee Meetings
A. Jan. 31, 2019 - "Lunch with Laine" at Lowell, 11 a.m.
B. Feb. 2, 2019 - The Big Event at Cragun's, 5 p.m. for VIP or 5:30 p.m. for Regular Tickholders
C. Feb. 11, 2019 - Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
D. Feb. 14, 2019 - "Lunch with Laine" at Nisswa, 11 a.m.
E. Feb. 25, 2019 - Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
F. Feb. 27, 2019 - Region V Superintendent's Day at the Minnesota State Capitol
11. Other business
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29
County Board Room, 3rd Floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
The agenda has been published as shown below but is subject to change to include such business as may come before the Board.
1. 9 a.m. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. County Engineer
2.1. Approve Sale of Portion of Old CSAH 16 to Adjacent Landowner
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29, Special County Board Meeting, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room.
9 a.m. Feb. 4, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room.
1 p.m. Feb. 4, Extension Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room.
Editor's note: The agendas were corrected to note a 6 p.m. start Jan. 28 for the Brainerd School Board, not a 7 p.m. start.