Applications sought for state board, committee vacancies
The Minnesota Secretary of State's office released a notice of vacancies for various state boards, councils and committees accepting applications. Minnesotans are encouraged to apply and serve in demonstration of public service. The newest vacanc...
The Minnesota Secretary of State's office released a notice of vacancies for various state boards, councils and committees accepting applications.
Minnesotans are encouraged to apply and serve in demonstration of public service. The newest vacancies are listed, and the full list of 484 vacancies may be found on the state website at bit.ly/2uHvgYj and applications may be submitted online.
Applications must be submitted within 21 days of the "Publish Date" listed on the Open Positions page, to be assured of full consideration by the appointing authority. Appointing authorities may choose to review applications received by the Secretary of State after the 21-day application period.
• Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy, one seat,
• Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor External Program Review Committee, one seat, health professionals,
• Minnesota Humanities Center, one seat, member, governor appointment,
• Quarter Horse Breeders' Fund Advisory Committee, five seats, member,
• Standardbred Breeders' Fund Advisory Committee, five seats, member,
• State Quality Council, three seats, regional Quality Council representative
• State Rehabilitation Council For The Blind, one seat, member, advocate or parent for individuals who are blind with multiple disabilities,
• Statewide Geospatial Advisory Council, one seat, member.
Go to the webpage, scroll down to find the correct agency/board/council. Choose the correct seat type, and click button that says apply. The system will walk through creating an application profile. Page two of the application will allow applicants to attach documents such as a letter of interest, resume or biography.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application as the appointing authority will have access to information as soon as it is submitted.
Applications submitted via downloadable application may experience some delay in reaching the appointing authority. Paper applications may be submitted by email to: Open.AppointmentsOffice of the Minnesota Secretary of State, 180 State Office Building, 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., St Paul, MN 55155-1299.
Applications are kept on file for a one-year period.