Brainerd fire crews respond
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a variety of calls the past two weeks.
Firefighters were called to a report of smoke in a home at 5:13 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 29, on the 400 block of Northeast Third Avenue. Upon arrival, a small fire had been put out. Crews checked the residence to make sure the fire didn’t extend to other areas of the house and found none. Later that morning at 10 a.m., a fire alarm went off at Essentia Sports Health Center, 502 Jackson St., which was determined to be a maintenance matter.
Firefighters responded to three calls Nov. 24, including two at the Brainerd Lakes Surgical Center, 13114 Isle Drive, Baxter. The alarms were after the noon hour and both were due to a maintenance matter. The third fire alarm was at 7:07 p.m. on the 5000 block of Ojibwa Road, which was determined to be caused by burned food.
At 5:18 a.m. Thanksgiving Day firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on the 300 block of North Ninth Street. Upon investigation, it was determined to be unfounded.