Brainerd History Week: Wednesday
For any questions about Brainerd History Week regarding times or how to make reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Brainerd Public Library at 218-829-5574, or the Crow Wing County Historical Society at 218-829-3268.
For any questions about Brainerd History Week regarding times or how to make reservations, email email@example.com , or call the Brainerd Public Library at 218-829-5574, or the Crow Wing County Historical Society at 218-829-3268.
Reservations for the downtown Brainerd history walk are being taken at the Brainerd Public Library by calling 218-829-5574 and the Brainerd City Hall by calling 218-828-2307.
Mike O'Brien will be selling copies of "The History of Lower South Long Lake" at the Crow Wing County Historical Society fundraiser Thursday night. The price is $15 per book. Contact O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a book prior to the event.
To make a reservation for a northeast Brainerd historical bus tour, email email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 612-554-5737. Participants are asked to include which tour and the full name of each person signing up for the event. Seating is limited.
Wednesday-Downtown Brainerd Day
• 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.-Salvation Army celebrates 125 years in Brainerd at the Salvation Army.
• 2-3 p.m.-antique fire truck viewing at Salvation Army.
• 10 a.m.-downtown Brainerd history walk, reservations requested, meet at Brainerd Public Library.
• 10:30 a.m.-children's parade, staging at 10 a.m. in front of Fancy Pants Chocolates, 704 Laurel St.
• 11 a.m.-scavenger hunt, meet at Totally Kidz, 618 Front St.
• 1-2 p.m.-puppet show at 618 Front St.
• noon - 4 p.m.-tours of the old Brainerd Library at the Carnegie Building, 206 North Seventh St.
• 2 p.m.-Traveling Art Pub, meet at the business, 502 South Sixth St.
• 5-7 p.m.-Brainerd Housing and Redevelopment Authority: 50 years of history open house at Short Elliott Hendrickson building, 416 South Sixth St.
• noon-tours of historic Crow Wing County Courthouse.
• 5 p.m.-downtown Brainerd history walk, meet at the Brainerd Public Library.
• 6:30 - 8 p.m.-Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe dance, video and discussion of cultural issues at the auditorium in the Crow Wing County Land Services Building.