Chimney fire calls out firefighters on Christmas

The call came at 12:57 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 25.

Dispatch file photo

The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a chimney fire in Brainerd on Christmas Day.

The call came at 12:57 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 25, on the 100 block of Belle Rae Circle. Upon arrival, firefighters investigated and determined the fire was out.

Other calls drawing firefighter response in the last week included one at 1:16 a.m. Monday for a carbon monoxide alarm on the 6100 block of Indigo Road, which was determined to be a maintenance matter. A fire alarm call at 3:23 p.m. Dec. 22 brought the department to Harmony House, 218 SW Ninth St. Crews determined the alarm was caused by burned food.

What To Read Next
Get Local