Fire alarm at Baxter hotel sends out firefighters
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a fire alarm Wednesday, Oct. 14, at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge in Baxter.
Firefighters received the call at the hotel at 9:01 a.m. and after an investigation, learned it was a maintenance matter.
On Tuesday, firefighters responded to two calls: At 11:44 a.m., there was a burning complaint on the 1300 block of Seventh Street, which was determined to be an illegal burn and the fire was extinguished. Then at 6:18 p.m. there was a carbon monoxide alarm on the 9000 block of Viking Street, which was determined to be a maintenance matter.