ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Fire destroys home in Nimrod

The occupant indicated to the deputy that the fire started in an attic space near the wood stove pipe. The house was a complete loss.

2241844+housefire.jpg
Brainerddispatch.com Illustration

NIMROD — Sebeka and Menahga fire departments responded to a house fire Saturday, Feb. 13, in Nimrod, while battling 23 below zero temperatures.

The house fire was reported at 11:21 p.m. in section 7 of Lyons township, south of Nimrod.

The Wadena County Sheriff’s Office reported when the deputy arrived on scene, the roof of the single level dwelling was engulfed in flames. The flames quickly spread to other parts of the structure. The occupant of the house was already out when the deputy arrived.
The occupant indicated to the deputy the fire started in an attic space near the wood stove pipe. The house was a complete loss.

The Sebeka Police Department and Tri-County Ambulance also assisted at the scene.

ADVERTISEMENT

021121.N.BD.ChairFire1.jpg
Brainerd Firefighters Nick Haglin (left) and Jonathan LeMieur use a fire extinguisher and snow to put out a fire on a stuffed chair Wednesday, Feb. 10, on Birch Drive in Baxter. A Baxter Public Utilities worker heard homeowner Vicki Randall's call for help as she carried a burning chair out of her house. The worker helped Randall maneuver the burning chair off the steps and onto the driveway, averting a structure fire. Steve Kohls / Brainerd Dispatch

What To Read Next
Get Local

ADVERTISEMENT