Fire destroys shed and contents inside
The homeowner heard a loud squealing noise coming from the riding lawnmower in the shed, which started on fire and spread throughout the shed.
NIMROD — A small, barn-style shed caught fire at 1:39 p.m. Sunday, May 30, in Orton Township near Nimrod.
The Sebeka Fire Department responded and called Menahga Fire Department for mutual aid to extinguish the fire. The Wadena County Sheriff’s Office reported a deputy observed a riding lawnmower along with other mechanical equipment burning amongst the rubble. The deputy spoke with the property owner who explained they were using their riding lawn mower that was put inside the shed when the mowing was done. The homeowner heard a loud squealing noise coming from the bearings and shortly after, the mower started on fire and spread throughout the shed.
No one was injured at the scene and the fire was completely extinguished.
Lakewood Health Ambulance assisted on scene.