Firefighters respond to calls throughout week
Fire calls to include grass fires, carbon monoxide alarms and burning complaints.
The Brainerd Fire Department released its fire calls Monday, June 7, dating back to May 29.
Fire calls included:
Called at 11:33 a.m. to a grass fire at the French Rapids area near Crow Wing County Road 142. Fire crews extinguished the fire and DNR was on the scene. The grass fire burned 5 acres.
Called at 10:10 a.m. for an unauthorized burning complaint on the 19000 block of Love Lake Road. Upon arrival, a debris pile fire was investigated and extinguished.
Called at 1:55 p.m. to a kitchen fire on the 13000 block of Berrywood Drive, Baxter. The fire was extinguished and the home was ventilated.
Called at 4:30 p.m. to a burning complaint on the 4900 block of Mapleton Road, Baxter. Investigated a brush fire that had rekindled.
Wednesday, June 2
Called at 10:36 a.m. to a fire alarm at TJ Maxx, 13499 Elmwood Drive, Baxter. Firefighters were canceled en route.
Called at 2:55 p.m. to a grass fire in the area of Northeast Washington Street and Fourth Avenue. Fire crews extinguished a small grass fire under the powerlines.
Called at 3:01 p.m. to a fire alarm at Creative Transitional Services, 8055 Industrial Park Road. Firefighter investigated and it was determined to be a false alarm.
Called at 8:46 p.m. to a carbon monoxide alarm on the 1800 block of South Sixth Street, which was determined to be unfounded.
Friday, June 4
Called at 7:48 a.m. to the intersection of Chicago Avenue and Southeast 13th Street for a residential gas line cut. Fire crews provided standby assistance for the utility company.
Called at 11:20 a.m. to assist with an elevator incident at Edgewood Baxter Senior Living, 14211 Firewood Drive. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a maintenance matter.
Called at 1:20 p.m. to a burning complaint on the 100 block of Kari Lane, which was determined to be a recreational fire.
Called at 1:25 p.m. to a report of a liquefied petroleum gas tank leaking on the 1600 block of South Sixth Street. Firefighters found a small leak in the tank.
Called at 1:33 p.m. for a carbon monoxide alarm on the 200 block of Chippewa Street. It was determined it was a maintenance matter.
Called at 5:59 p.m. to a grass fire in the area of Excelsior Road and Forest Drive. Firefighters were canceled en route.
Sunday, June 6
Called at 11:21 p.m. for a small fire on the 1100 block of Northeast Sixth Avenue. Fire crews extinguished and investigated.
Called at 4:14 a.m. to a fire alarm at Harmony House, 218 SW Ninth St., but were canceled en route.
Monday, June 7
Called at 9:10 a.m. to a grass fire on the 11000 block of County Highway 44. Upon arrival, fire crews extinguished a small grass fire.