Firefighters respond to smoky cabin at Trout Lake Camps
An unoccupied cabin filled with smoke after a towel was left on a heater.
Ideal Township firefighters responded to a smoke-filled cabin Friday, Oct. 22, at Trout Lake Camps near Pine River.
“We ended up having only two people there because it ended up not being that big of a deal,” Assistant Fire Chief Craig Wallace said Sunday.
A caller reported the unoccupied cabin was filled with smoke at about 4:30 p.m. but there were no flames showing, according to Wallace.
Wallace said the firefighters en route to the scene learned from Crow Wing County dispatchers the cause of the smoke was a towel left on a heater.
“They ventilated for 10 minutes and left. And that was it,” Wallace said. “Somebody accidentally left a towel on top of the heater.”
No one was injured in the incident, according to Wallace.