The Emily City Council approved a final 2019 general revenue tax levy of $1,000,100.96, or a 2 percent increase over 2018. The increase corresponds with projects to build a maintenance shop, replace Emily Dam bridge beams and purchase a grass rig for the fire department.
During the Dec. 11 meeting, the council also approved a fire department recommendation to buy a Polaris Ranger Crew XP 1,000 EPS Northstar edition as a grass fire rig and discussed maintenance shop construction.
The council decided to move the maintenance shop east of the previous location. The city will work with Sourcewell to streamline the construction process.
In other business, the council:
• Agreed to renew a police protection agreement with Little Pine Township.
• Agreed to continue with Ritter and Ritter for sewer jetting and televising services.
• Amended a land use and subdivisions ordinance to add a definition of commercial storage use and modification of the use chart to include commercial storage facilities, modification for extractive uses and modification of extractive use special provisions.
• Approved repair of the city dump truck for $5,000 for Quality Fabricating.
• Agreed to hire Pike Plumbing and Heating to install a valve on the kitchen radiator for $874.
• Approved a contract between the city of Emily and Brainerd Housing and Redevelopment Authority for small cities development program grant administration services for up to $29,000.
• Agreed to create a fund for the Emily City Library.