The Pequot Lakes School Board approved its budget for the coming school year at its Monday, June 17, meeting.
The district expects to operate in the 2019-20 school year with total revenues of $23,737,955 with expenditures of 23,550,392, leaving the district with a surplus at the end of the year.
The board also approved revisions its 2019-21 teachers master agreement.
"The only change is adjustments to the robotics coaching positions," Superintendent Chris Lindholm said. "(There are) very small changes. We worked transparently with EMPL (Education Minnesota Pequot Lakes) on negotiations to make sure we were exactly on the same page in terms of how coaches transition."
In other business Monday, the board:
• Approved the updated terms and conditions of employment for district van drivers for the next two school years. Drivers will receive an hourly rate of $17.70 in 2019-20 and $18.95 in 2020-21.
• Adopted a resolution having the board take charge of and control all student activities, per a new Minnesota session law. The board will control all money received or expended for extracurricular activities.
• Approved a memorandum of understanding between the district and Education Minnesota Pequot Lakes. This is an action that must be done annually.
• Approved the school calendar for 2020-21. Classes are slated to begin Sept. 8 and end June 3.
• Agreed to change student information systems from Skyward to PowerSchool beginning in 2020-21.
• Approved a purchase of service agreement for mental health services with Northern Pines Mental Health Center, Inc. for the coming school year.
• Designated Lindholm as the district's official with authority - an action taken every year in June.
• Accepted 10 donations to the district with a monetary value of $3,650.