Brainerd HRA Board of Commissioners Meeting
Meets 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 27
Remote meeting via Webex Video/Teleconference
Join from your browser: https://meetingsamer8.webex.com/meetingsamer8/j.php?MTID=m05d41d645427ef6669451eeaa78b62a0
Join by phone: 408-418-9388
Meeting number (access code): 126 081 9097
Meeting password: 1212
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Reading and Approval of Minutes
4. Unfinished Business
a. Approve First Amendment to Purchase & Redevelopment Agreement for 1201 Pine Street
b. Consider Amendment to Tax Forfeited Property Policy
5. New Business
a. Approve Lease Subsidy Agreement with Crow Wing Food Co-op
b. Consider Termination of MOA with City of Brainerd for Administration of Revolving Loan Fund
c. Consider Destination Downtown Brainerd Coalition Request for Funding
6. Bills and Communications
a. Financial Report
b. HCV/Section 8 Report
c. Public Housing Report
d. Executive Director Report
e. Rehab Update
7. Commissioner Comments
Next meeting: June 24.
Brainerd Public Library
Meets 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 27
Finance Committee meets prior to the board meeting at 5:30 p.m.
Both meetings are via Zoom.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call/Introductions
3. Approve agenda
4. Approve minutes of April 2020 meeting
5. President’s report
6. Librarian’s report
7. Finance Committee report
8. Building & Grounds Committee report
9. Policy Committee report
10. KRL Rep’s report
11. Friends of the Library report
12. Open Forum
13. Unfinished Business
14. New Business
The finance committee of the BPL Board meets prior to the regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 5:30 p.m.
This meeting will take place using Zoom. For those who want the phone number to join the meeting, call 218-829-5574 and press “0” by 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Budget Committee Meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Wednesday, May 27
School Board Meeting Room
I. Call To Order
II. Ehlers Market Analysis Refinance
III. 2020-2021 Budget Approval
IV. Lunch Prices
V. Staffing Update
VI. Capital Project Updates
VII. Schedule C Proposals and Updates
VIII. Non Public Transportation Discussion
IX. Request for Information
Brainerd Parks and Recreation Department
Regular Park Board Meeting
Meets 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 26
WebEx Teleconference Meeting
Call 844-992-4726. Use access code 964 673 275.
I. Call to Order – 4 p.m.
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Agenda – Voice Vote
IV. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Board and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Board votes on the motion to be ADOPTED BY ROLL CALL.
A. Approval Of Minutes
1. Regular Meeting Held on April 28, 2020
2. Special Meeting Held on May 12, 2020
B. Approval of the Disbursements for the Month of May 2020
V. Unfinished Business
A. Tennis Courts Reopening
B. State Qualifier Tournaments
C. Ash Management Grant Follow-Up
D. Park Evaluations
E. Maintenance Projects
VI. New Business
A. Staff, Facilities, Programs, Completed Projects
B. Concerts in the Park
C. Reopening Campground
VII. Public Forum – Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Board. Time limits may be imposed.
VIII. City Administrator Report
IX. Director’s Report
Morrison County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 26
County Board Room
Government Center, Little Falls
1. Call to order by chairman
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of County Board minutes
4. Additions/deletions to the agenda
5. Lake Shamineau
6. Foster Care Month Proclamation
7. Public Health Report
8. Sheriff’s report
9. Extension report
10. Auditor’s report
11. County Board warrants
12. Public works report
13. Administrator’s report
14. Building project update
15. Committee reports/upcoming schedule
Brainerd School Board
Meets noon Wednesday, May 27
This meeting will be an interactive meeting
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Announcement by Chair Haglin:
A. Due to the current federal and state emergency declarations, the Minnesota directive to residents to stay at home, and guidance about limiting person-to person contact due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting of the Brainerd School Board is being conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statutes 13D.021 — Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means.
Due to the health pandemic, the school board determined that it is feasible for at least one board member, the superintendent, or the school district’s legal counsel to be physically present at the regular meeting location and that it is not feasible for the public to attend this meeting at the regular meeting location due to the health pandemic.
Persons may monitor this meeting from a remote location by watching on YouTube live.
School board members are reminded to mute their microphone or phone when they are not speaking.
School board members wishing to speak should do so via Google meets then wait to be recognized by the Chair.
The chair will determine the order in which board members wishing to speak will be recognized. When recognized, the board member should unmute the microphone or phone, speak, and then mute their device. All votes will be conducted by roll call. Each school board member should wait until their name is called before voting.
Persons monitoring this meeting from a remote location may submit a comment through emailing to email@example.com.
This meeting is being recorded. Access to the recording will be made available on the school district’s website as soon as is reasonably possible.
4. Approval of the agenda as presented / amended
5. District Recognition
6. Public Input via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Summer Planning
1) ESY - Jennifer Johnson
2) Targeted Services - Jessica Haapajoki
3) Child Care - Cori Reynolds
4) Food Service / Meals - Alissa Thompson
8. Approval of Minutes
A. Regular Board Meeting - May 11, 2020
9. Consent agenda & presentation of additional bills for payment - Hirings are
approved pending negotiated contracts / agreements and a district approved and
acceptable background check - Laine Larson
A. Staff Changes/Leaves
B. Ratify Payment of Bills
10. New Business
A. For Action
1) Presentation - Building Project Update - Damien Williams, Scott Whittemore, Kyle Walter, Lindsey Kriens, and Reid Thiesse
2) Approval of the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) for four model classrooms at Brainerd High School for a cost not to exceed $52,944.29.
3) Approval of the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) for Brainerd High School Agriculture Department in the amount of $42600.80 and the Music Department in the amount of $45,395.98.
4) Approval of the Change Notice for PR #24 - leveling concrete infill in the existing building, MVRA option, and Weld Crete Bonding Material option, not to exceed the amount of $100,838.83 at the Harrison Elementary as presented.
5) Approval of Change Notice for PR #16, snow melt / JCI systems at the Performing Arts Center in the amount of $45,850.00 as presented.
6) Presentation of the Annual A-Comp Report - Eric Jobe
7) Approval of the Annual A-Comp Report as presented - Eric Jobe
8) Presentation of the Middle School Science Grades 7 & 8 Curriculum - Tim Murtha
9) Approval of the Middle School Grades 7 & 8 Science Curriculum Adoption as presented:
BE IT RESOLVED, that the School Board of ISD 181 adopts HMH Dimensions Science curriculum for grades 7 and 8 science beginning fall of 2020.
10) Approval of Northern Pines Mental Health Contracts for Lincoln Education Center, BHS Lunchroom, and District Social Workers as presented. - Jennifer Johnson
11) Approval of Audit Services with CliftonLarsonAllen LLP for year ended June 30, 2020 - Marci Lord
12) Approval for Fun 'N' Friends Summer Child Care Programs to be reinstated as presented - Cori Reynolds
13) Approve to have the following Regular School Board Meeting for June 8, 2020 at 6 p.m. to be a Virtual Regular Board Meeting.
14) Approval of Resolution, to approve the administration's recommendation to issue a 2020-2021 contract to the following certified staff members, resulting in the granting of tenure. - Laine Larson
a. Kristine Anderson
b. Garth Askegaard
c. Alesha Bates
d. Troy Bennett
e. Matthew Bergman
f. Eric Bjorklund
g. Michelle Bjorklund
h. Krista DeHaan
i. John Freeman
j. Kaylee Freeman
k. Rachel Friedman
l. Jeremy Grant
m. Amanda Hamad
n. Richard W. Jensen
o. Amber Kopp
p. Shana Lee
q. Alexis Marcelo
r. Sadie Moore
s. Hailee Morford
t. Michael Morford
u. Emily Olson
v. Andrea Parrington (50%)
w. Traci Potvin
x. Joselyn Rhein
y. Tracy Riley
z. Angela Schultz
aa. Rebecca Smieja
bb. Brady Sykora
cc. Emilee Timothy (40%)
dd. Ana Welu
ee. Mara Williams
1) Business Services' Report - Marci Lord
2) Superintendent's Report - Laine Larson
11. Future Meetings
A. May 28, 2020 - Virtual Groundbreaking Ceremonies - Wave II
1) Garfield, 8:30 a.m.
2) Lowell, 11:30 a.m.
3) Riverside, 3 p.m.
B. June 2, 2020 - Virtual / WESB Project Oversight Team Meeting, 8 a.m.
C. June 8, 2020 - Virtual / WESB Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
D. July 28, 2020 - Filing Opens for School Board Elections
E. August 11, 2020 - Last day to file for School Board Elections
12. Other business
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 26
County Board Room, 3rd Floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
*Note: Times are approximate
The agenda has been published as shown below but is subject to change to include such business as may come before the Board.
PUBLIC WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND IN PERSON. MEETING WILL BE LIVESTREAMED AT WWW.CROWWING.US AND ON THE CROW WING COUNTY YOUTUBE CHANNEL. TO JOIN BY MICROSOFT TEAMS, CALL 218-302-1725, CONFERENCE ID: 197 350 194#
1. 9 a.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Forum (To address the county board call 218-824-1067 for teams link and instructions by no later than 8:30 a.m. on 05/26/20)
3. Review and Approve Minutes
3.1. 05/12/20 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
3.2. 05/19/20 Special County Board Meeting Minutes
4. Review and Approve Agenda
5. Consent Agenda
5.2. Personnel Actions
5.3. Establishment of Crow Wing County Absentee Ballot Board
5.4. Easement Request – City of Emily – Section 10
5.5. COVID-19 Relief Sourcewell Grant Application
6. Grand View Penalty Waiver Request Appeal
7. Land Services
7.1. Tax Forfeit Lands Discussion
7.2. Pine River One Watershed, One Plan – Adoption of Management Plan Budget and Work Plan
8. Administrative Services
8.1. 2020 On Sale and Sunday Liquor License Renewals
8.2. 2020 Combination Liquor License Renewals
8.3. 2020 Off Sale Liquor License Renewals
8.4. 2020 3.2 Percent Malt Liquor License Renewals
8.5. 2020 New Combination Liquor License
8.6. 2020 3.2 Percent Malt Liquor License Renewal - Crow Wing County Fair Association
8.7. 2020 Crow Wing County Canvass Board Appointments
8.8. Schedule Virtual Public Hearing – Off-Sale Liquor New Location
9. County Sheriff
10. County Attorney
11. County Administrator
11.1. Senior Management Team Report
12. Additional Business
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
May 25, Memorial Day, County Offices closed
9 a.m. Tuesday, County Board Meeting, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room (Public will not be allowed to attend in person. Meeting will be live-streamed at www.crowwing.us and on the Crow Wing County YouTube channel. To join by Microsoft Teams, call 218-302-1725, Conference ID: 197 350 194#)
11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Community Corrections Advisory Board at Teams (call 218-824-1094 for link)
10 a.m. Thursday, Northeast Emergency Communications Board at Teleconference (Phone number: 240-454-0887; Access Code: 924 586 030)
6:30 p.m. Thursday, Region Five Development Commission Board at Zoom Meeting (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84875911164; Meeting ID: 848 7591 1164)
9 a.m. June 1, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room (Public will not be allowed to attend in person. Meeting will be livestreamed on Crow Wing County YouTube channel. To join by Microsoft Teams, call 218-302-1725, Conference ID: 942 239 089#)
1 p.m. June 1, Extension Committee at Zoom (call 218-824-1065 for info)