Activities Committee Meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 25
I. Call to Order
II. Winter Sports Participation
III. Plan for Spring Sports
IV. Elementary Wrestling
V. Discuss Plan for High School Musical
VI. Community Education Advisory Committee Update
a. Community Education Class Offerings
b. Summer Programming Update
c. Summer Offerings with Little Falls
VII. Auditorium Grand Opening Discussion and Planning
Due to the current federal and state emergency declarations and guidance about limiting person-to-person contact due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, all meetings of the Pillager Public Schools (ISD 116) school board will be conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statute 13D.021 - Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means - until further notice.
Brainerd Park Board
Meets 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23
City Hall Council Chambers
WebEx Teleconference Meeting
Call in information: 844-992-4726
Access code: 187 797 0945
1. Call to order - 4 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge Of Allegiance
4. Approval Of Agenda
5. Consent Calendar
NOTICE TO PUBLIC - All matters listed are considered routine by the Board and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Board votes on the motion.
A. Approval Of Minutes
Approval of the Minutes of the Special Meeting held on October 6, 2020 and Regular Meetings held on October 27, 2020, November 24, 2020 and December 15, 2020.
B. Approval Of The Disbursements
Month of February 2021
6. Unfinished Business
A. Request By YMCA Regarding Programs
Brainerd Housing and Redevelopment Authority Board of Commissioners
Meets 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24
Remote meeting via Webex Video/Teleconference
Join from browser: https://brainerdhra.my.webex.com/brainerdhra.my/j.php?MTID=m4b2025de66071a534f295afb68390499
Join by phone: 415-655-0001
Meeting number (access code): 182 528 4029
Meeting password: 0224
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Reading and Approval of Minutes
4. Unfinished Business
5. New Business
6. Bills and Communications
a. Financial Report
b. HCV/Section 8 Report
c. Housing Management Report
d. Executive Director Report Rehab Update
7. Commissioner Comments
Next Meeting: March 24
Brainerd Public Library Board
Meets 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24
Finance Committee meets prior to the board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Both meetings are via Zoom.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call/Introductions
3. Approve agenda
4. Approve minutes of January 2021 meeting
5. President’s report
6. Librarian’s report
7. Finance Committee report
8. Building & Grounds Committee report
9. Policy Committee report
10. KRL Rep’s report
11. Friends of the Library report
12. Open Forum
13. Unfinished Business
A. Committee assignments and chairs
14. New Business
A. Stephanie Johnson, Kitchigami Regional Library System director
B. Use of Millie Gjertsen estate gift
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call the meeting to order and roll call:
2. Pledge of Allegiance:
3. Announcement by Chair Nystrom:
A. Due to the current federal and state emergency declarations, the Minnesota directive to residents to stay at home, and guidance about limiting person-to-person contact due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting of the Brainerd School Board is being conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statutes 13D.021— Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means. Persons may monitor this meeting from a remote location by watching on YouTube live. This meeting is being recorded. Access to the recording will be made available on the school district’s website as soon as is reasonably possible.
4. Approval of the agenda as presented / amended:
5. District Recognitions:
A. February 22-26, 2021 is Minnesota’s School Board Recognition. Thank you to Charles Black Lance, Kevin Boyles, Tom Haglin, Ruth Nelson, Bob Nystrom, and Jana Shogren for their dedicated service and continued commitment to strive for an equitable education at Brainerd Public Schools. Thank you for all you do.
B. The Brainerd Knowledge Bowl teams competed at the second meet of the year and once again walked away with first, second, and third place.Their competition this time included over 28 teams from Crosby Ironton, Little Falls, Long Prairie-Grey Eagle, Nevis, Pine River-Backus, Royalton, Wadena-Deer Creek, and Pillager. Our three teams scored 55 points, 51.5 points, and 48.5 points with Little Falls taking 4th place with 47.5 total points. They have been informed that four teams will be advancing to State from our region.
6. Public Input: If a member of the public would like to address the board during our public input time, chairs will be made available in the hallway for the public to wait until called upon to address the board. The public will not be allowed to stay in the boardroom for the entire meeting. Comments will be limited to three minutes, face coverings must be worn and the board will not address the topic discussed at that time.
7. Approval of Minutes:
A. Regular Board Meeting – February 8, 2021
B. Revised Regular Board Meeting - January 25, 2021 - #14 as indicated in red.
8. Consent calendar and presentation of additional bills for payment: Hiring’s are approved pending negotiated contracts/agreements and a district approved /acceptable background check.
A. Staff Changes/Leaves
B. Gifts & Grants Approval
C. Ratify Payment of Bills
COVID-19 Update: Angie Hamilton, Erin Karlgaard (Lowell Elementary Teacher), Emma True (BHS Student), and Laine Larson
Native American Literacy Update: Erin Karlgaard
Presentation: Blueprint 181 Project Update: Damien Williams, Scott Whittemore, Kyle Walters, Justin Maaninga, Mark Needham, and Reid Thiesse.
10. Approve the revised budget for the South Campus Level IV remodel, not to exceed $15,774,823.00 as presented. (The board will request consultants, contractors and district administration to find as many financial efficiencies as possible):
11. Approval to award the apparent low bids for the South Campus Level IV Project for work scopes 01,02,04,06,07,08, and 09 for the total amount of $9,056,591.78, to the identified contractors as recommended in the bid package recommendation letter from the construction manager, authorizing Superintendent to execute the final contracts as presented:
12. Approval to award the apparent low bids for the South Campus Level IV Project for work scopes 03 and 05 for the total amount of $4,403,900.00, to Thelen Heating and Roofing Inc., as recommended in the bid package recommendation letter from the construction manager, authorizing Superintendent to execute the final contracts as presented:
Presentation: American Indian Parent Advisory Committee (AIPAC) Concurrence Vote: Govinda Budrow, Susan Beaulieu, Amanda Small, and Ashley Ingebrigtson
13. Acknowledgement of the American Indian Parent Advisory Committee District Annual Compliance Documentation and resolution vote as presented:
AIPAC 20-21 Recommendations
MDE Annual Compliance Documents
Self Assessment Rubric
Presentation: Overview of School Calendars: Laine Larson and Tim Murtha
14. Approval of the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school calendars as presented:
15. Approval of MSBA #300 Series Policies for the three year review as presented:
301 - School District Administration
302 - Superintendent
304 - Superintendent Contract, Duties, and Evaluation
305 - Policy Implementation
306 - Administrator Code of Ethics
Presentation: Naming of the Performing Arts Center (PAC) Task Force Option Review: Laine Larson and Cori Reynolds
16. Approve the name of the existing Performing Arts Center as __________.
A. Equity Task Force Update - Charles Black Lance
B. Curriculum Report - Tim Murtha
C. Business Services Report – Marci Lord
D. Superintendent’s Report – Laine Larson
18. Future Meetings:
February 22, Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
February 24, Region V Day at the Capitol, 8 a.m.
March 1, BPSF Board Meeting, 3 p.m. - (Virtual)
March 2, Project Oversight Team Meeting, 8 a.m.- (Virtual )
March 8, Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m.
March 22, Optional Tour of Nisswa Elementary, 4:30 p.m.
Regular School Board Meeting, 6 p.m
April 2, Good Friday - District Offices Closed
19. Other Business:
20. Closed Meeting: This meeting will be closed pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 13D.05, subdivision 3(b) for confidential discussion with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
21. The Board will move into closed session at __:__ p.m., in the Boardroom of the Washington Educational Services Building.
22. The Board will reconvene the public meeting at __:__ p.m., in the Boardroom of the Washington Educational Services Building.
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, County Board Meeting, Historic Courthouse, County Board Room / Teams (218-302-1725, 944049791#) (public will not be allowed to attend in person; meeting will be live-streamed on Crow Wing County YouTube channel and www.crowwing.us)
Meets 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Brainerd Fire Advisory Board, Brainerd Fire Station Training Room
Meets 6 p.m. Thursday, Region Five Development Commission Board, Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4320614202
Meets 9 a.m. Friday, Mississippi Headwaters Board, Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85125832697
Meets 9 a.m. Feb. 1, Personnel Committee, Land Services Building, Oak Room/Teams (218-302-1725, 741487684#) (public will not be allowed to attend in person but may join by Teams)
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23
County Board Room, 3rd Floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
The agenda has been published as shown below but is subject to change to include such business as may come before the Board.
PUBLIC WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND IN PERSON. MEETING WILL BE LIVESTREAMED AT WWW.CROWWING.US AND ON THE CROW WING COUNTY YOUTUBE CHANNEL. TO JOIN BY MICROSOFT TEAMS, CALL 218-302-1725, CONFERENCE ID: 944 049 791#
1. 9 a.m. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance (Commissioner Koering attending by Teams)
2. Open Forum (To address County Board on items not on the agenda, call 218-824-1067 for Teams link and instructions by no later than 8:30 AM on 02/23/21)
3. Review and Approve Minutes
3.1. 02/09/21 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
4. Review and Approve Agenda
5. Consent Agenda
5.2. Personnel Actions
5.3. 2021 New Tobacco Licenses
5.4. Destruction of Human Resources Records
5.5. Final Payment Request, Contract No. 19016 SP 018-613-007, SP 18-677-007
5.6. Final Payment Request, Contract No. 20004 Bituminous Surfacing
5.7. Award Contract No. 21001 Bridge 18J29
5.8. Award Contract No. 21003 Reconstruction CSAH 13
5.9. Abatements - Short-Term Rental
5.10. Application for Repurchase of Forfeited Lands, Raasch
6. 9:05 a.m. Virtual Public Hearing, ATV Ordinance Amendment (To speak at Public Hearing, call 218-824-1067 for Teams link and instructions by no later than 8:30 a.m. on 02/23/21)
6.1. ATV Ordinance Amendment Resolution
7. City of Nisswa - Jenny Max
7.1. Request to Transfer Ownership of Tax Forfeited Parcel at Less Than EMV
8. Land Services
8.1. 1898 Investments LLC - Preliminary Plat for "Ruttger's Bay Lake Cottages"
8.2. 1898 Investments LLC - Final Plat for "Ruttger's Bay Lake Cottages"
8.3. "Lakeview Condo Storage" - Amendment to Final Plat
8.4. 2021 AIS Prevention Plan
9. County Engineer
9.1. Sponsor City of Breezy Point Application for Local Road Improvement Program (LRIP) Funding
9.2. Support Nisswa Application for 2021 Local Road Improvement Program (LRIP) Funding
9.3. MnDNR Culvert Rehabilitation/Lining in Ditch 13 Agreement
10. County Sheriff
11. County Attorney
12. County Administrator
12.1. Senior Management Team Report
12.2. State Economic Assistance Grants
13. Additional Business
14. Closed Meeting
14.1. Performance Review for Veterans Service Officer Erik Flowers pursuant to MS 13D.05, Subd 3 (a)