ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Grease fire empties The Barn restaurant

Firefighters and police responded to a report of a grease fire at the Barn Restaurant late Tuesday morning. Owner Karen Kinney and other staff watched as fire crews dispelled a large cloud of smoke coming from the kitchen of the small restaurant ...

3589653+0B856XdbyvnJFbVFHb1ViN2I1VEk.jpg

Firefighters and police responded to a report of a grease fire at the Barn Restaurant late Tuesday morning.

Owner Karen Kinney and other staff watched as fire crews dispelled a large cloud of smoke coming from the kitchen of the small restaurant on Washington Street. They plopped smoking pieces of kitchen equipment on the ground outside the restaurant. Abandoned meals could still be seen in the empty dining room. Brainerd police officers controlled traffic.

The restaurant closed for 10 weeks following an electrical fire in February. Co-owner Gary Kinney, Karen's husband, passed away from cancer July 24. It was not immediately clear how long the restaurant would be forced to close this time, or how much damage the fire caused.

Firefighters contend with a fire at the Barn restaurant Tuesday. Zach Kayser/Brainerd Dispatch
Firefighters contend with a fire at the Barn restaurant Tuesday. Zach Kayser/Brainerd Dispatch

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Inmates in-custody in the Todd County jail in Long Prairie, Minnesota
Inmates in-custody in the Wadena County jail in Wadena, Minnesota
Inmates in-custody in the Aitkin County jail in Aitkin, Minnesota
Inmates in-custody in the Beltrami County jail in Bemidji, Minnesota