Highway 10 closes, detours Aug. 25
WADENA — Highway 10 will close Aug. 25 and detour between Bluffton and Wadena, as crews begin to reconstruct the final two-lane stretch between Highway 71 and Birch Avenue Northwest in Wadena.
Watch for changes, as crews open and close segments throughout the day. Here’s what to expect:
Highway 10 will open on the newly constructed lanes Aug. 25 between First Street Northwest and Wadena County Highway 4, including access to Highway 71 and County Highway 4.
Highway 10 will close to all traffic Aug. 25 between First Street Northwest and Birch Avenue Northwest at the Wadena County Fairgrounds. Follow a signed detour along Highway 71 Wadena, Highway 29 and Otter Tail County Highway 75, east of Bluffton. The detour adds 1 mile to the trip.
Motorists will encounter:
- Stops or delays, especially at peak travel times, or when a train goes through the area,
- A temporary traffic signal system at the intersection of Highway 29 and County Highway 75,
- A temporary all-way stop at the intersection of Highway 10 and County Highway 75,
- Highway 10 will be open to local traffic between County Highway 75 and Birch Avenue Northwest; however it will be closed to all traffic between Birch Avenue Northwest and First Street West,
- Second Street West access to close and detour at Highway 10 to reconstruct the intersection and railroad crossing. Follow detour signs to Highway 71 to access Highway 10,
- Access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open, however expect changes and gravel surfaces. May include temporary entrances, side roads or back entrances. Follow signs.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will monitor pedestrian and motorist traffic and adjust signal timings and directional signs as needed. The public is asked to be patient and add some extra time to the commute, while everyone adjusts to the detour.
Visit the project web page at mndot.gov/d3/wadena .
For current impacts on Highway 10, visit 511mn.org .
For other roadwork projects in central Minnesota, visit mndot.gov/d3/construct .