Lake-friendly practices to be recognized
Brainerd lakes area environmental organizations and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will publicly recognize homeowners, contractors and local units of government that have developed or redeveloped their lakeshore or riverfront prope...
Brainerd lakes area environmental organizations and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will publicly recognize homeowners, contractors and local units of government that have developed or redeveloped their lakeshore or riverfront properties in a lake-friendly way and followed current state and local ordinances.
The 12th annual award ceremony will be held 3-4:30 p.m., Oct. 9, at the Crow Wing County Land Services Building.
The following winners will be recognized:
• Lakescaping: A homeowner or contractor who utilized native vegetation and natural materials to landscape their property.
• Julie and Charles Costa, Lake Ossawinnamakee, Crow Wing County
• Bar Harbor Restaurant, Upper Gull Lake, Cass County
• Lake-friendly protection strategy: An organization or a local unit of government that has created an ordinance, or regulatory code, or other initiative that enhances area lake and river systems.
• Army compatible use buffer: Camp Ripley, Morrison, Cass, and Crow Wing counties
• Mitch Brinks and Dan Steward, Crow Wing County
• Lake stewardship: A landowner who protects water quality through natural shoreline, conservation easement or any other forms of water quality protection.
• Peter Berg and Margaret Blistain, Bay Lake, Crow Wing County
• Brainerd Lakes Sunrise Rotary Club, Crow Wing County
The ceremony will pay tribute to Alan Cibuzar and his family for his lifelong achievements in water quality and water research. Award winners will receive a donated custom-framed nature print from local artist Jerry Raedeke or a certificate depending on the category. Attendees will be served free appetizers and will have opportunities to network with the award winners.
For more information, contact Melissa Barrick at 828-6197 or at email@example.com .