Library offers monthly gardening classes
Master Gardener Jennifer Knutson will present "Growing a Minnesota Cutting Garden" at noon Tuesday, March 12, at the Brainerd Public Library. The purpose of a cutting garden is to produce a bounty of flowers all season long for one to harvest and...
Master Gardener Jennifer Knutson will present "Growing a Minnesota Cutting Garden" at noon Tuesday, March 12, at the Brainerd Public Library.
The purpose of a cutting garden is to produce a bounty of flowers all season long for one to harvest and use in floral arrangements. Register for this free program by calling the library at 218-829-5574 or registering online at www.tinyurl.com/CWCgarden .
Free master gardener monthly classes will take place at the library through December presented by University of Minnesota Extension. Certified University of Minnesota Extension Crow Wing County master gardeners will discuss subjects ranging from garden tools to gourds. Master Gardeners are University of Minnesota-trained volunteers whose job is to educate the public about a variety of horticulture subjects. The master gardener program educational effort is designed to enhance the public's quality of life and to promote good stewardship of the environment.
To find out more visit www.crowwingmastergardeners.org .
• April 9: "How to Create Sensational Pots and Planters," Tracey Srock.
• May 14: "Cool-Weather Crops from the Kitchen Garden," JoAnn Weaver.
• June 11: "Garden Myths Meet Research-Based Science," Jackie Burkey.
• July 9: "Welcome to the Shady Garden," Knutson.
• Aug. 13: "How to Grow Great Tomatoes," Weaver.
• Sept. 10: "Dahlias," Burkey.
• Oct. 8: "Weather and Your Garden," Weaver.
• Nov. 12: "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree," Weaver.
• Dec. 10: "Attracting Birds and Butterflies to Your Garden," Knutson.
For more information on any of the events, contact the library at 218-829-5574 or visit the library's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/brainerdpubliclibrary .