Brainerd firefighters respond to calls
The Dispatch publishes records as part of its obligation to inform readers about the business of public institutions and to serve as a keeper of the local historical record.
BRAINERD — The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a report of a residential fire at 8:01 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 25, on the 11000 block of Northeast Fifth Avenue.
Upon arrival, fire crews determined there was no fire and the smoke in the residence was caused by a maintenance matter.
Crews were also called:
Sunday, Sept. 25
- At 1:08 p.m. to the 9600 block of Ravenswood Road for a fire alarm. Crews were canceled en route.
- At 11:02 a.m. to the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Washington Street for a vehicle crash. Fire crews assisted at the scene.
- At 2:01 p.m. to Bethany Good Samaritan, 804 Wright St., for a fire alarm. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a maintenance matter.
- At 4:02 p.m. to Bed and Biscuits Pet Inn, 7767 County Highway 45, for a fire alarm. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a false alarm.
- At 3:48 p.m. to North Star Apartments, 410 East River Road, for a fire alarm. Upon investigation, fire crews investigated a small grease fire in an apartment put out before their arrival. Fire crews ventilated the area.