Brainerd firefighters respond to multiple calls
The Dispatch publishes records as part of its obligation to inform readers about the business of public institutions and to serve as a keeper of the local historical record.
Brainerd Deputy Fire Chief Dave Cox reminded residents Thursday, Aug. 11, of local fire regulations allowing for recreational fires in a fire ring.
No brush or leaf burning is permitted.
In fire calls, the Brainerd Fire Department responded:
Tuesday, Aug. 9
- At 1:09 a.m. to Super One Foods, 7895 Excelsior Road, for a report of a gas smell. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a maintenance matter.
- At 9:19 p.m. to the 15000 block of Nokay Lake Road for a report of a smoke smell in the home. Fire crews investigated and determined it to be unfounded.
- At 11 a.m. to the intersection of highways 210 and 371 for a vehicle crash. Fire crews assisted at the scene.
- At 2:20 p.m. to the 800 block of Bluff Avenue for a burning complaint. Upon investigation, fire crews informed residents of burning regulations and the brush fire was extinguished.
- At 6:57 p.m. to the area of Wise Road and Riverside Drive for a report of a vehicle fire. Upon arrival, fire crews found a single vehicle crashed into the guard rail.
Though the vehicle was disabled, a tire continued to spin causing a small brush fire. Firefighters extinguished a small grass and tire fire. The victim suffered minor injuries and was not transported.
Assisting on the scene were the Brainerd Police Department, Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Office and North Memorial Health Ambulance.
- At 6:54 p.m. to the Salvation Army, 609 Norwood St., for a report of a fire in the bathroom. Fire crews arrived and confirmed the small fire, caused by a cleaning rag, was put out by the building's sprinkler system. The fire is under investigation.
- At 3:05 p.m. to the Warrior Early Learning Center, 5546 Fairview Road, for a fire alarm. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a maintenance matter.
- At 8:59 a.m. to the 400 block of B Street for a report of an outside debris fire. Fire crews extinguished the fire.
- At 10:27 p.m. to the 4800 block of Barbeau Road for a fire alarm. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a maintenance matter.