Crow Wing County announces proposed roadway improvements
The starting date for the projects is dictated by weather conditions and contractor schedules.
The Crow Wing County Highway Department scheduled about $12 million worth of roadway improvements for 2022.
The starting date for the projects is dictated by weather conditions and contractor schedules. A brief summary, by category, is listed below and includes county highways, county roads and improvements to unorganized territory town roads in the First and Second assessment districts.
- County Highway 49 (Wise Road)/County Highway 5 (Beaver Dam Road) — a roundabout will be constructed at the intersection. Wise Road will be closed to through traffic during construction. Highways 371 and 210, and County Highway 3 (Mill Avenue) will be the detour route.
- County Highway 8 from the Morrison County line to Highway 18.
- County Highway 45 from the Morrison County line to County Highway 2.
- County Road 113 from County Highway 51 to County Highway 2.
- County Road 117 from Highway 371 to County Highway 45.
- County Road 131 from Highway 371 to County Highway 45.
- County Road 138 from County Highway 2 to Highway 169.
- First Assessment District roads — Sorenson Lake Road, Landmark Drive, River Ridge Drive, Hartley Drive, Heritage Road, Indigo Road, Shellisa Lane and Carolyn Lane.
Other projects include:
- County Highway 45 bridge replacement at the Nokasippi River crossing. County Highway 45 will be closed to through traffic during construction. County highways 2 and 21, and County Road 131 will be the detour route.
- Dean Lake Road in the Second Assessment District — culvert/bridge replacement.
- Left-turn lane installations at County Highway 3/Legionville/Executive Acres, County Highway 3/County Road 127, County Highway 3/County Road 118, County Highway 4/County Highway 18 and County Highway 16/County Highway 39.
- County Road 115 — select tree clearing for utility relocation work.
- Annual pavement markings — countywide striping of roadways.
- Annual seal coat program — surface treatments to selected county and First Assessment District roadways.
- Centerline rumble strips on various roadways.
Visit www.crowwing.us/115/Engineering or call the highway department at 218-824-1110 for more information.