Crow Wing County landfill announces summer hours
Landfill customers must stop at the landfill office to speak with the attendant to discuss the items to be disposed of, pay any fees and receive directions to the proper drop-off locations.
BRAINERD — The Crow Wing County Landfill will move to its summer hours of operation starting Friday, April 1.
The landfill is at 15732 Highway 210 east of Brainerd and will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. During these hours, the landfill will accept household garbage, fiberglass boats, mattresses, furniture, mobile homes and other items for proper disposal.
Landfill customers must stop at the landfill office to speak with the attendant to discuss the items to be disposed of, pay any fees and receive directions to the proper drop-off locations. All loads coming to the county landfill must be covered, and uncovered loads are subject to a $5 fee.
The following items may be properly disposed of in the landfill for free:
- Household hazardous waste.
- Lead-acid car/marine batteries. (Keep batteries separated from other waste.)
- Oil, used oil filters and antifreeze is available at the landfill and several drop-off locations within the county.
- Residential recycling such as cardboard, paper, plastic and glass. (For oil and recycling locations, visit www.crowwing.us/734/Recycling .
- Residential compost, lawn, and garden material. (Separate brush and branches.)
For a nominal fee, the following items can be recycled or properly disposed of in the landfill:
- Demolition materials,
- Large appliances,
- Tires with or without rims,
- Scrap metals,
For the full fee schedule, visit www.crowwing.us/727/Fee-Schedule .