Crow Wing Energized offers new class for community members
Each week the class will explore an aspect of the Mindful Presence Model with hands-on practices designed to manage stress and, most importantly, develop the skills to be deeply compassionate to others in their lives.
BRAINERD — Crow Wing Energized announced a new class for area community members called “Mindful Presence: Compassionate Care for Self and others.”
The free classes will be in person for eight weeks starting Tuesday, Sept. 13. There are two different sessions:
- 3:30-5 p.m. will be dedicated to Crow Wing County employees. Those who work for the county, should plan to attend these sessions.
- 5:30-7 p.m. will be dedicated to community members in Crow Wing County.
Both classes will meet at the Crow Wing Land Services Building, 322 Laurel St. in Brainerd.
“Being fully present to those in our lives with whom we care for, love and interact can be challenging, particularly in these stressful times,” organizers said in a news release. “Compassionate care for self and others requires that we operate from a place of balance so that we can be fully present to those with whom we interact.”
Each week during the class will explore an aspect of the Mindful Presence Model with hands-on practices designed to manage stress and, most importantly, develop the skills to be deeply compassionate to others in their lives. Classes are led by Steve Hoover, healthy aging coordinator for the Central Minnesota Council on Aging.
Following the completion of this series, the participants will be able to:
- Identify both the “inward training” and “outward connection” components as applied to themselves and others.
- Create a plan for daily practices that will prepare them to be fully present to themselves.
- Devise a set of strategies for compassionate care for self and others.
- Integrate these strategies into their daily practices.
Crow Wing Energized is a grassroots community health and wellness movement led and funded by the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership, Crow Wing County and Essentia Health.
The class is free to attend, but registration is required.
For Crow Wing County employees, visit https://bit.ly/3cCzVq3 to register.
For community members, visit https://bit.ly/3Q7idIT to register.