Fire damages Pillager home
The Pillager Fire Department responded to the fire, reported at 9:18 p.m., at 4221 132nd St. Southwest, west of Pillager.
PILLAGER — An evening chimney fire in Pillager Feb. 24 left a trailer home uninhabitable.
The Pillager Fire Department responded to the fire, reported at 9:18 p.m., at 4221 132nd St. SW, west of Pillager. Fire Chief Greg Ringler said the homeowner and another individual had arrived home to find the home filled with smoke.
A hole in the chimney pipe for a wood stove was the cause of the fire, fire officials reported.
Ringler said they had to cut a 4-foot by 4-foot section of roof out to verify the fire had not spread. The fire left the home uninhabitable, RIngler said, and the homeowner is staying with family.
There were 16 Pillager firefighters on scene for about 45 minutes. No injuries were reported and no other agencies responded.