Memorial event to be celebrated May 29 at the Minnesota State Veterans Cemetery
The program will continue rain or shine, therefore umbrellas are recommended.
LITTLE FALLS — A memorial event will be celebrated Sunday, May 29, at the Minnesota State Veterans Cemetery, Little Falls.
The Richfield Symphonic Band will begin playing music at 1:30 p.m., with the formal ceremony starting at 2 p.m. A few of the key items for the ceremony include:
- Parade of Flags,
- Fallen Soldier Display by the Korean War Veterans, Chapter 1,
- Placement of memorial wreaths,
- Memorial address by Col. (Ret.) Larry Herke, commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs,
- Rifle salute by the Memorial Rifle Squad – Little Falls,
- Ceremonial flag folded by the Minnesota Military Funeral Honors Program.
Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and to carpool, if possible. The program will continue rain or shine, therefore umbrellas are recommended.
The cemetery grounds and lobby of the Administration Building will be open to the public throughout Memorial Day weekend, from sunrise to sunset.