Nisswa Fall Festival and Smokin Hot BBQ challenge are in the air, and on the way
47th annual festival is Sept. 17.
NISSWA — Nisswa will usher in fall with the 47th annual Nisswa Fall Festival on Saturday, Sept. 17. The 17th annual Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge is also part of this annual fall tradition.
The day will start with a pancake breakfast presented by the Nisswa Fire Department. Visitors can participate in the medallion hunt and compete in the bean bag tournament. The KIDZONE will be at the Pioneer Village with the Fall Artisan & Crafters Market, music and more activities.
After ribs are judged in the Smokin' Hot BBQ Challenge, the public gets its chance to taste the creations. Live music throughout the day will continue into the night with a live outdoor concert.
VIP tickets for ribs went on sale Sept. 1.
Following is a schedule of events:
- 7-10 a.m.: Nisswa Fire Department pancake breakfast at the Nisswa Fire Department.
- 10 a.m.: First medallion hunt clue posted at The Dock Panther.
- Noon: Second medallion hunt clue posted at The Dock Panther.
- Noon-8 p.m.: Beer garden at The Pickle Factory parking lot.
- 1 p.m.: Nic's Works LLC Tree Service Cornhole Tournament at the Turtle Track.
- 1-3:30 p.m.: Live music by Kings Ransom at The Pickle stage.
- 1-4 p.m.: Babinski Foundation adoptable pets and microchip clinic at the Turtle Track.
- 2-4 p.m.: BBQ ticket sales at $2 per rib at the ticket tent.
- 2 p.m.: Final medallion hunt clue posted at the Chamber of Commerce office.
- 4 p.m.: Smokin Hot BBQ contest judging (closed to the public) at the Chamber of Commerce office.
- 4-8 p.m.: Live music by The Southern Express band at The Pickle stage.
- 4:15 p.m.: Smokin Hot BBQ Contest VIP eating at Party Time VIP tent.
- 4:45 p.m.: Smokin Hot BBQ general Eeating in the Smokin Hot BBQ area.
- 6 p.m.: Smokin Hot BBQ contest winners announced.