Smoldering cigarette ignites Brainerd deck
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to the fire, reported at 4:32 p.m. Sunday, July 3.
BRAINERD — A smoldering cigarette caused a deck fire Sunday afternoon, July 3, on the 900 block of Fith Avenue Northeast in Brainerd.
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to the fire, reported at 4:32 p.m. by neighbors. According to the fire department, the neighbors doused the fire with water before firefighters arrived on scene.
Brainerd Fire Chief Tim Holmes said the fire was out when they arrived at the residence and it burned a 4-by-4-foot section of the deck.
Firefighters pulled some of the deck boards checking for fire spread. No other damage was reported.