Staples-Motley FFA students qualify for national competition
The Staples-Motley chapter was also named Top Premiere Chapter of the Year.
STAPLES — For the first time in school history, the Staples-Motley FFA chapter was named Top Premiere Chapter of the Year out for more than 200 chapters at the state convention April 24-26.
Ten students advanced to nationals, and several others ranked among the Top 5 in the state.
Students attended workshops and a career fair, along with a keynote address from Minnesota Gophers coach P.J. Fleck.
Highlights from the convention for Staples-Motley include:
- Minnesota’s 2022 Premier FFA Chapter.
- Agricultural Literacy Challenge winner.
- Model of Innovation Award finalist.
- First place ag sales career development event team (Lauren Rutten - third individual, Meghan Vanalst, Georgia Kruchten, Amy Rollins).
- First place ag communications career development event team (Kris Taylor - second individual, Izzy Olander - third individual, Emery Lorber, Ali Olander).
- First place Grain Production Proficiency Award (Cory Watland).
- First place Agriscience Research: Animal Systems Proficiency Award (Caden Mrazek).
- Minnesota FFA Star in Agriscience (Colton Converse).
- Three Minnesota FFA Degree winners.
- Second place Agriscience Research: Animal Systems Proficiency Award (Colton Converse).
- Third place Agriscience Research: Animal Systems Proficiency Award (Alli Olander).
- Third place Forage Production Proficiency Award (Brooke Converse).
- Fourth place conduct of chapter meetings team (Dustin Converse, Brynn Bestland, Olivia Opheim, Kris Taylor, Jessie Lundquist, Kierra Zivkovic, Mabel Haehnel).
- Fourth place parliamentary procedure team (Colton Converse, Caden Mrazek, Addy Lorber, Alli Olander, Cory Watland, Brooke Converse).
- Fifth place nursery/landscape technology team (Heidi Zimmerman - seventh individual, Will Thew, Camryn Ferris, Evan Woodwick).