Winter hours to begin at Crow Wing County Landfill
The Crow Wing County Landfill is located at 15732 Highway 210 in Brainerd and will reopen for summer hours in April.
BRAINERD — The Crow Wing County Landfill will begin winter hours starting Tuesday, Nov. 1, and will operate 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
During these hours, the landfill is open to accept household garbage, mattresses, furniture, recyclables and other items for proper disposal.
The landfill site at 15732 Highway 210 in Brainerd will reopen for summer hours in April.
The following items can be recycled or properly disposed of for free:
- Household hazardous waste,
- Lead-acid car/marine batteries. Residents are asked to keep batteries separated from other waste.
- Oil, used oil filters and anti-freeze is available at the landfill and several drop-off locations within the county. For oil and recycling locations, visit crowwing.us/734/Recycling .
- Residential recycling such as cardboard, paper, plastic and glass.
- Residential compost, lawn and garden material, with brush and branches separated.
For a nominal fee, the following items can be recycled or properly disposed of:
- Demolition materials.
- Large appliances.
- Tires with or without rims.
- Scrap metals.
Customers utilizing the landfill must stop at the office and speak with the attendant about items to be disposed of, pay any fees and receive directions to the proper drop-off locations. All loads coming to the landfill must be covered, and uncovered loads are subject to a $5 fee.
For the full fee schedule, visit crowwing.us/727/Fee-Schedule .