Maintenance and electrical issue spark fire alarms

Brainerd Fire Department Exterior.JPG
Dispatch file photo

The Brainerd Fire Department responded to several calls since Thursday, Aug. 27, caused mainly by maintenance or electrical issues.

Firefighters responded at 5:18 p.m. Thursday to the Downtown Mall, 217 S. Seventh St., for a fire alarm, which was determined to be unfounded. Later at 11:32 p.m., the department responded to a report of a smoke smell at a residence on the 12000 block of Highway 18. Upon investigation, it was determined the smoke smell was coming from an electrical appliance.

There were no calls Friday through Sunday.

At 8:48 p.m. Monday, firefighters were called to a report of a burning smell on the 9000 block of Tiffany Way. It was determined there was no fire and the burning smell was caused from a burned electrical outlet.

Firefighters responded to two fire alarms Tuesday morning at the Pepsi Cola Bottling Company, 2024 S.E. 13th St, Brainerd. Both calls were determined to be caused from maintenance issues.

What To Read Next
Get Local