MnDOT: Crosby construction project enters phase 2
Crews are constructing new sidewalks and reconstructing roadways as the project continues toward its September completion date and after the Fourth of July, a construction project is starting between Deerwood and Aitkin.
The $6.5 million reconstruction project of Highway 210 in Crosby is underway and chugging toward its mid-September end date, with a new detour that pedestrians should keep in mind as they navigate construction during the second phase of the project.
Currently, crews are reconstructing roadways west of Cross Avenue to the intersection of Highway 210/Highway 6. This includes the installation of new sidewalks. Drivers are advised to take a designated detour in downtown Crosby via Southwest Second Street and East Cross Avenue. The intersection of Highway 210 and Highway 6 will remain open to northbound/southbound traffic.
In related news, starting July 5 and running through October, the Minnesota Department of Transportation is launching a project to improve 12 miles of Highway 210 between the east junction of Highway 6 in Deerwood and West Ninth Avenue in the west end of Aitkin.
The Deerwood-Aitkin project is intended to:
- Smoothen and make repairs to 12 miles of concrete road surface through diamond-grinding of the surface.
- Resurface asphalt shoulders with mill and overlay.
- Replace or repair underground pipes/culverts and restore ditch drainage. This includes culverts near Rushmeyer Lake and Bass Lake.
Crosby Project recap
The Minnesota Department of Transportation reports the full duration of the project is on the highway east of Third Avenue East to west of Sixth Avenue in Ironton, from late April and extending through September. It will reconstruct the highway from Second Street Southwest to east of Third Avenue Northeast in Crosby and resurface from Second Street Southwest in Crosby to west of Sixth Avenue Southwest in Ironton.
- Sidewalk closures,
- Multiple crews working on Highway 210,
- No parking along Highway 210,
- Continuous hospital emergency access from Third Avenue Southeast,
- Commercial truck detour,
- Project includes new road surface, side street connections, curb and gutter and sidewalks, and other repairs as needed,
- Improved pedestrian access with sidewalks and approach ramps,
- Replacing overhead street lights,
- Repairing or replacing drainage.
While some segments of Highway 210 will be closed and detoured, or reduced to a single lane at times, all businesses and residences will be maintained and open, however expect changes.