Pequot Lakes ECFE fall class schedule listed
Classes for families of young children will start the week of Sept. 14. Parents are encouraged to check out the available options in the Fall 2015 Community Education book or online at www.isd186.org (go to "Departments and Programs," select "Com...
Classes for families of young children will start the week of Sept. 14. Parents are encouraged to check out the available options in the Fall 2015 Community Education book or online at www.isd186.org (go to "Departments and Programs," select "Community Education" and check out the listing on ECFE on pages 9-11).
Call Shannon Wheeler, the new early childhood program coordinator, at218-562-7520 to register.
The Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classes are in the Early Childhood Family Center on the east end of Eagle View Elementary School.
Early childhood classes support families in their efforts in raising their children. ECFE is staffed by licensed teachers in early childhood and/or parent education. Classes are designed to fit the age of your child. Indicate if sibling care is needed.
ECFE classes have moved to new days of the week for the 2015-16 school year with classes offered Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• "One's and Two's" class is for a morning out with your toddler. Attend from9-10 a.m. Tuesdays from Sept. 15-Nov. 17.
• "Two's and Three's" class includes art, music and circle time activities to participate in together with your child. Part of the class time will be just for the parents to talk about your child's development. Classes are from 10:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays from Sept. 15-Nov. 17.
• "One's, Two's and Three's" class will be held from 10-11:30 a.m.Thursdays,Sept. 17-Nov. 19.
• "Family Class for Infants through Age 5" will be offered from 1-2:30p.m.Thursdays, Sept. 17-Nov. 19. This is a great class for two preschool aged children to attend with Mom or Dad. There is no sibling care.
• "Family Class is for Birth to 5 year olds" will meet from 6-7:30p.m.Thursdays, Sept. 17-Nov. 19. No sibling care is offered.
• "Home Visits" are available for families who want more individual interaction with the parent educator or are offered to parents who may not feel comfortable in a group class setting. Call 218-562-7520 for more information.