Cass County Board of Commissioners Meets 6 p.m. Tuesday Pillager City Hall 306 Elm Ave. West, Pillager Call to Order. a. Pledge of Allegiance. b. Approval of Agenda. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusio...
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 6 p.m. Tuesday
Pillager City Hall
306 Elm Ave. West, Pillager
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
Kevin Lee – Longville Ambulance Subordinate Service District.
a. LASSD 2nd Quarter 2014 Report.
Tom Burch – Sheriff.
a. Receive & file notice of intent to fill Investigator position due to upcoming retirement.
b. Update on train derailment near C.R.#31.
Camp Ripley Post Command.
a. Update on 2014 economic impact.
b. Present the 2014 training schedule
John Ringle – ESD Director.
a. Approve Solid Waste Clean-up Program.
b. Receive & file 2014 Household Hazardous Waste Mobile Collection sites.
c. Approve referral of the proposed land use ordinance amendments to the Planning
Commission for first reading on July 21, 2014 and authorize related notices to the public.
David Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Award bids on capital improvements to Walker Highway Shop located at 8045 CSAH 12,
Walker, MN 56484.
b. Approve addition of maintenance overlay project to CSAH 25 Otta Seal to 2014 Construction Program.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. AMC District 2 Meeting – Wednesday, June 4, 2014, beginning at 8 a.m., PrimeWest, 3124 Hannah Ave., Bemidji, MN.
1. Approve Regular Board Minutes of May 6, 2014.
2. Approve Auditor Manual Warrants dated April 2014 in the amount of $441,389.15.
3. Approve Auditor Warrants dated April 30, 2014 in the amount of $146.69.
4. Approve Auditor Warrants dated May 1, 2014 in the amount of $113,084.29.
5. Approve Auditor Warrants dated May 8, 2014 in the amount of $97,038.15.
6. Receive & file monthly Budget Reports.
7. Approve HHVS Auditor Warrants dated May 9, 2014 in the amount of $142,228.07.
8. Approve HHVS Commissioners Warrants dated May 9, 2014 in the amount of $60,080.65.
9. Approve Personnel Items.
10. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
11. Receive & file April 2014 Cass County EDC Activity Report.
12. Authorize 25 percent Fund use of $550 for environmental education at Deep Portage – Immanuel Lutheran School (11 participants) on April 22 through 23, 2014.
13. Authorize - Payment to Widseth Smith Nolting & Assoc. in the amount of $1,215 (Inv. #96260) facility renovation energy upgrades and exterior improvements.
14. Receive and file Recorder’s Office 2013 summary of annual fees collected
15. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
16. Receive and file Auditor -Treasurer’s Interest Income Report for April 2014.
17. Approve Resolution No. 26-14 vacate existing easement to Don Bruemmer in Section 19 Twp. 139 Rge. 29 (Ponto Lake).
18. Award 2014 hay stumpage permit for Tract #1 (19-134-31; May Township) to Larry Converse for $28. Award the Permit for Tract #2 (1-136-32; Poplar Township) to Keith Cory for $285. Award the Permit for Tract #3 (29-138-32; McKinley Township) to Rodney Aker for $30. Award the Permit for Tract #4 (10-140-25; Smoky Hollow Township) to Terry Mejdrich for $25.
19. Approve use of Conservation Fund #73 for Shingobee Connection Trail Project Phase IV in the amount of $27,681.50 from Northern Engineering, Inc. and WSB.
20. Authorize grant application submission US Dept. of Justice for FY2014 Smart Pretrail Demonstration Initiative up to $100,000. - Probation Dept.
21. Approve HHVS purchase of carpet for public interview rooms not to exceed $13,000 (source of funds HHVS fund balance).
22. Approve HHVS Director to execute individual vendor service agreements attested by County Administrator.
23. Receive & file resolution from MHB in support of County Geologic Atlas.
24. Approve out of state travel for Deputy Ryan Fisher to attend Tactical Medicine for Response Teams training in Fort Dodge, IA on July 8- 10, 2014.
25. Receive and file notice of intent to continue the 2014 absentee ballot board.
Little Falls School Board
Meets 5 p.m. Monday
County Commissioners Board Room
Morrison County Government Center
213 Southeast First Ave., Little Falls
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of agenda.
4.1. District 482 Retirees
5. Public Comments
6.1. EXCEL program-Mike Olson
7. Consent agenda
7.2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
8. Resolution for acceptance of gifts
9. Reports from board members
10. Superintendent’s Report
11. Old or unfinished business
11.1. Teacher evaluation plan
12. New business
12.1. Approval of resolution for membership in the Minnesota State High School League
12.2. Contract for services for liaison officer
12.3. Lease agreement with Franciscan Sisters of Little Falls
12.4. Lease agreement for St. Francis Health and Recreation Center Gymnasium
12.5. Resolution establishing dates for filing affidavits of candidacy
12.6. Budget 2014-15
12.7. Life, LTD and Dental insurance renewal
12.8. Approval of Title Program Budget Addendum and Federal Special Education Budget addendum 2013-14
12.9. Little Falls Community Schools/Central Lakes College/National Joint Powers Alliance Ag Project
12.10. Little Falls Community Meeting
12.11. Closed session: Superintendent evaluation per Minn. Stat. 13D.04
Morrison County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room Government Center, Little Falls
1. Call to order by chairman.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of county board minutes
4. Additions/deletions to the agenda
5. Proclamation: Vulnerable Adult Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month
6. Sheriff’s report
7. Social Service report
8. Public Health report
9. Extension report
10. Auditor’s report
11. County board warrants
12. Public works report
13. Administrator’s report
14. Committee reports/upcoming schedule
Pillager Board of Education
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
School Board meeting room
I. Call to order
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Cell Phone/Electronic Devices
IV. Consider Additions/Deletions/Acceptance of the Agenda
V. Visitors’ Comments
VI. Consider Consent Agenda
Minutes of the April 21 meeting
Monthly Cash Flow Including Investments
Donations: American National Bank of MN - $100 ; Cloud 9 Subway, Inc. - $100 ; Kelli and Stephen Davison - $40 ; Pillager Area Firemans Department and Relief Assoc. - $1,200; Lamont Peterson and Becky VanVickle - $150.00; Pillager Huskie Booster Club - $500; Lakeshore Conservation Club - $560; Pulak Consulting, Inc. - $20; Five Star Seamless, LLC - $20; Shamineau Ministries - $25; MidMinnesota Federal Credit Union - $20; Greenheck Auto Glass, Inc. - $20; Staples Area Mens Chorus, Inc. - $250 and Carol Demgen donation valued at $13.79.
VII. Board Reports with Possible Action
2014-2015 Budget Proposal
Monthly Bills Paid
School Nurse Position
Elementary Teacher Positions
HS Math Position
1. Resolution for MSHSL Membership
1. 2014-15 MS/HS Student Handbook
2. Third reading of Policies – 602, 610, 709, 710, 203.5, 205, 405, 406, 407, 413, 414, 417, 418, 419, 422, 425, 509, 515, 523, 532, 620, 624, 707, 711, 712, 802, 902, 503, 504, 506, 526, 527, 533, 609, 703, 801.
VIII. Special Reports
Secondary Principal’s Report
B. Elementary Principal’s Report
C. Superintendent’s Report
X. Closed Session for Personnel Evaluation