SUBSCRIBE NOW Just 99¢ for your first month

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Porch light starts house fire

No one was injured after a house fire Wednesday in Onamia. The fire started at about 9:40 p.m. at the 1500 block of Nayashing Road after a resident turned on the outside porch light. That's when the light started on fire and spread to the attic a...

We are part of The Trust Project.

No one was injured after a house fire Wednesday in Onamia.

The fire started at about 9:40 p.m. at the 1500 block of Nayashing Road after a resident turned on the outside porch light.

That's when the light started on fire and spread to the attic area and damaged some siding, said Garrison Fire Chief Greg Erickson.

The two people in the house escaped unharmed.

About 13 firefighters battled the fire for 2 ½ hours.

What to read next
The holiday honors service by American veterans and serves as the unofficial start to summer. The interactive graphic below provides some facts about the holiday.