College Football: Six area players, from C-I, Verndale and Little Falls, commit to schools
Six area athletes committed to play college football on National Signing Day Wednesday. They include Dillon Card, Verndale; Brady Tesdahl and Daniel Hudrlik, both of Crosby-Ironton; and Josh DeCann, Bryce Zawatzke and Jake Anderson, all of Little...
Six area athletes committed to play college football on National Signing Day Wednesday.
They include Dillon Card, Verndale; Brady Tesdahl and Daniel Hudrlik, both of Crosby-Ironton; and Josh DeCann, Bryce Zawatzke and Jake Anderson, all of Little Falls.
Minnesota State University Moorhead
• Dillon Card, QB, 6-5, 225, two-time all-state selection, four-time all-conference, four-time Brainerd Dispatch All-Area Team, Park Region Conference MVP, threw for 3,200 yards, rushed for 3,500, finished with 105 career touchdowns, a three-time state entrant in wrestling, four-year letterwinner in football, also lettered in wrestling and baseball.
Bemidji State University
• Brady Tesdahl, 6-0, 215, TE-FB-DE, lettered in football and basketball for the Rangers, named all-conference twice along with receiving all-conference honorable mention once, also captain of football and basketball teams as a senior, plans to major in elementary education at BSU, is younger brother of former BSU basketball players Bryce and Brock Tesdahl.
University of Mary
• Josh DeCann, WR, 5-11, 170, team captain and an academic all-state performer. He had 104 yards receiving and was 3-for-3 on 2-point conversions as a senior. Two-year starter in football. Four-time letterwinner in golf. He plans to study biology and pre-chiropractic.
• Daniel Hudrlik, DE, 6-3, 225, a three-time all-conference performer at C-I. Earned all-region honors as junior and senior. Team captain as a senior. Voted team most valuable player four times. Has played quarterback, wide receiver, running back, defensive end, safety, punter and kicker. A three-sport athlete. Team captain in basketball and has scored over 1,000 points. Hudrlik also runs track. He volunteers with elementary football and basketball camps and Special Olympics. He's undecided on his academic program at Mary.
Northern State Uinversity
• Bryce Zawatzke, linebacker, 6-2, 215. Zawatzke was a two-time all-conference and all-area team selection. He recorded 301 career tackles and also participated in baseball and basketball. He was a 2014 academic all-conference selection.
Valley City State (N.D.)
• Jake Anderson, offensive lineman